As a homeowner, you are responsible for maintaining and repairing your home and its systems. A home warranty is a service contract that helps cover the costs of unexpected repairs or replacements of major home systems and appliances. You can budget for repairs and feel confident that your home is in good hands when you have a home warranty.
There are a few essential things that you need to consider before looking for home warranty companies in Jacksonville, Florida:
- a) Appliance age: How old are your home appliances? If they are starting to get old, it may be good to get a home warranty.
- b) Home systems: What kind of home systems do you have? If you have an older home, you might consider getting a home warranty.
- c) Your budget: Do you have the budget to cover the cost of repairs or replacements? If not, a home warranty can help you save money.
- d) Your needs: What do you need to be covered? Make sure to read the fine print and understand what is not covered by your home warranty.
Some of the home warranties in the market include:
- American Home Shield: This company is one of the largest home warranty companies in the United States. It offers a variety of plans that cover different appliances and systems.
- Old Republic Home Protection: This company has been in business for over 30 years and offers a variety of home warranty plans.
- Choice Home Warranty: This company offers homeowners a variety of home warranty plans.
- 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty: This company provides home warranties for new and existing homes.
Now that you have a brief of what a home warranty is all about, below find ten benefits you should know before you select home warranty policy:
1. Protection for your budget
When you think of protection for your budget, a home warranty is an excellent option because most home warranties have a set monthly fee. The protection to expect includes repairing or replacing your home’s major systems and appliances if they break down due to normal wear and tear.
2. Worry-free living
A home warranty gives you the peace of mind that comes with knowing you won’t have to pay out of pocket for expensive, unforeseen repairs. With a home warranty, you have access to a network of pre-screened, licensed, and insured contractors who can help you with repairs or replacements.
When something breaks down, the last thing you want to do is spend your time researching contractors and getting multiple quotes. A home warranty takes the hassle of finding a reputable contractor by providing you with a list of pre-screened, licensed, and insured contractors in your area.
4. Negotiating power
If you’re selling your home, having a home warranty can give you an edge over the competition. Buyers are often more interested in buying a home that comes with a home warranty because it shows that you’re confident in the condition of your home.
5. Increased resale value
If you plan on selling your home in the future, a home warranty can help you get top dollar for your home. Buyers are often willing to pay more for a home that comes with a home warranty because it shows that the seller is confident in the home’s condition.
6. Coverage for expensive items
Home warranties typically cover the major systems and appliances in your home, which can be expensive to repair or replace. Some home warranties even offer coverage for items not typically covered by homeowners insurance, such as pools and spas.
7. Discounts on future repairs
When you use a home warranty to repair or replace an item in your home, you may be eligible for a discount on future repairs. Some home warranty companies offer their customers discounts on future repairs or replacements when they use the home warranty to make a claim.
8. Flexible coverage options
Home warranties typically offer different coverage options to choose from, so you can find a plan that fits your needs and budget. Some home warranty companies even offer custom plans to choose which items you want to be covered.
9. No deductible
One of the great things about home warranties is that there is no deductible. It means that you don’t have to pay anything out of pocket when you use your home warranty to repair or replace an item in your home.
10. Transferable coverage
You can transfer your home warranty to the new owners if you sell your home. This can be a great selling point for your home because it shows that you’re confident in the condition of your home.
Now that you know the benefits of a home warranty, it’s time to find the right one for you. Make sure to read the fine print and understand what is not covered by your home warranty. And, don’t forget to budget for the monthly fee. With a home warranty, you can have peace of mind knowing that your home is in good hands.