Anxiety is the body’s natural response to stress and overwhelming pressure. It is a feeling of apprehension and fear of what is to come. Examples include the first day of school, preparing for a job interview, or any form of public speaking.
If you have extreme feelings of anxiety that last for longer than six months and are interfering with your daily life, then you may have an anxiety disorder.
There are several treatments for anxiety including CBD products, which have become increasingly popular amongst users. We will go through other treatments in this post that can be done from the comfort of your own home.
Symptoms of Anxiety
In case you are still a bit unclear about the symptoms of anxiety and how to recognize it, here are a few of the main symptoms, and how it can affect your body, both physically and mentally.
- One of the yuckiest symptoms, shortness of breath.
- May find it difficult getting words out, lots of yawning.
- Difficulty taking a deep breath.
- Rapid heartbeat.
- Can feel like your heart may jump out of your chest when it’s bad.
Stomach bloating and leg pain
- Can experience huge bloating and some stomach pain
- Can look like a pregnancy bump or food baby!
- Lots of people get leg pain, it’s to do with muscle tension caused by periods of stress
- Racing thoughts, make it hard to concentrate on tasks
- Forgetfulness is common – go upstairs and forget what for etc.
- Hard to concentrate for long periods of time
- Lay awake for hours in a hyper-alert state
- Racing thoughts
- Wake up suddenly and intrusive thoughts stop you going back to sleep
- You then have to deal with the effects of no sleep – e.g. irritability, poor appetite etc.
Treatments for Anxiety
Once you’ve been diagnosed with anxiety, you can explore the various treatment options with your doctor. For some people, medical treatment isn’t a necessary option and some simple lifestyle changes can be enough to cope with the symptoms.
There is also the option of psychotherapy which entails meeting with a therapist or psychologist to discover strategies that help in coping with anxiety.
Some simple lifestyle changes can be very effective to relieve the symptoms of anxiety that you deal with. These natural remedies consist of caring more for your body, taking part in healthy activities, and eliminating unhealthy habits. That’s easier said than done. In fact, creating new habits requires a lot of discipline and consistency. This psychologist in Melbourne suggests taking these things seriously.
Here some examples:
- Sleeping for longer
- Exercising regularly
- Avoiding alcohol
- Eating a healthy, balanced diet
- Hypnosis music
- Breathing exercises
- Taking hot baths – calming oils
Incorporating some of these simple lifestyle habits into your daily routine can make a world of difference and significantly reduce the symptoms of anxiety that may be holding you back from enjoying the regular day to day activities.