From shopping hubs to motor sports to trendy dining establishments, Yas Island Abu Dhabi is home to some of the world’s best attractions.
Aldar Properties developed Yas Island Abu Dhabi with the aim of turning the island into a multi-purpose entertainment, leisure, and shopping centre. Today, it is one of Abu Dhabi’s gems, offering a wide range of activities and sights that everyone can enjoy.
Here are the seven best Yas Island attractions to include in your itinerary to get the most out of your family holidays in Abu Dhabi.
1. Yas Mall
Yas Mall is the premier shopping destination in Abu Dhabi that houses about 370 stores. The mall also features a fun park for younger visitors and a lot of cinemas.
While at Yas Mall, other activities you can look forward to doing include:
- Shopping – If you are a shopaholic, Yas Mall is your go-to destination. It features a wide range of products, including clothes, toys, household and lifestyle products, electronics and sporting goods. Prominent shops at Yas Mall include DKNY, Virgin Megastore, Victoria’s Secret Pink, and Adidas.
- Activities for children – If you are travelling with your kids, Yas Mall features entertainment centres and indoor theme parks with video games and adventure rides. Fun Works, for instance, consists of two floors packed with child-friendly entertainment, like toddler playgrounds, a giant soft-play area, and rides. KidZania is another notable hub of activity for kids, and is actually an award-winning play facility that merges learning with fun.
- Dining – Home to some of the best dining places in Abu Dhabi, Yas Mall offers a wide range of international and local restaurants featuring different cuisines. It also houses more than 22 cafes, including Costa Coffee, Café Bateel, and Gloria Jeans. For some cold desserts, you can head to Baskin Robbins or London Dairy.
2. Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi
If you visit Abu Dhabi during the sweltering summer, don’t miss going to Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi. This water park features over 40 rides, slides, and attractions that will help you cool down and have fun with the whole family.
Some of the attractions available are:
- Slithery Slides – As its name implies, this slide is designed to mimic the open maws of snakes. But it can only be enjoyed by guests with at least 110 centimetres in height. You can go solo or with a loved one on double riders.
- Tot’s playground – This is a playground with a kid’s pool. It is the best area for parents and their kids to bond and have fun.
- Jebel Drop – If you are looking for an extreme ride, this slide features a breathtaking drop and a picturesque view of the entire waterpark.
- Falcon Falaj – This is the longest water coaster in the Middle East. It is also one of the rides you can enjoy with your family and friends. A six-seater doughnut will take you through a thrilling course complete with drops and turns.
- Bubble Barrel – This is the largest surfing sheet wave in the world. It allows you to surf on high waves while remaining in the same place.
- Rush Rider – Before getting on the Bubble Barrel, you must first pass the Rush Rider. This is a low-intensity surfing ride where you can enhance your surfing skills.
- Sebag – If you want a fun and relaxing waterslide, Sebag is the best option. It features six lanes where you can take a slide down, giving you the opportunity to race with your family and friends.
3. Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
If you are a car enthusiast, don’t forget to check out Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. This is a theme park that is all about cars and motorsports. It features more than 37 attractions and rides that are suitable for all ages, including:
- RC Challenge – This allows you to navigate remote-controlled boats or cars across the waterways of the miniature version of Italy.
- Formula Rossa – Take a pure adrenaline-pumping ride in the world’s fastest roller coaster. It accelerates from 0 to 240 km/h in just four seconds!
For your little ones, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi offers tamer age-appropriate rides. The Junior Grand Prix, for instance, allows children to get behind the wheel safely.
Apart from the thrilling rides, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi also allows you to get a closer look at some of Ferrari’s iconic vehicles. You may even drive a real Ferrari and experience what it feels like to be an F1 racer trainee in a simulator.
4. Yas Marina Circuit
A visit to the Yas Marina Circuit is a must when in Yas Island Abu Dhabi. This is the most expensive F1 racetrack ever built that hosts the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix every year.
Here, guests can enrol in racing courses and learn how to drive a race car like Formula 3000. You can even ask a professional to take you for an adrenaline-pumping spin around the track.
Listed below are other activities you can try:
- Camaro Drag Racing – This is an hour-long session where you can get behind the wheel of a Chevrolet Camaro and experience the adrenaline rush as the car goes from 0 to 60 mph in a few seconds.
- Ashton Martin driving experience – This allows you to experience driving an Ashton Martin G4 around the racetrack for about 20 minutes. But the whole session can take around 80 minutes, from training to getting behind the wheel.
5. Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi
This is another notable theme park you must visit in Yas Island Abu Dhabi. It is categorised into six themed experiences – all of which feature rides that have something to do with the specific world from the television and cinema brand.
If you are into cartoons, a trip to this theme park is worth it. Your family can have a great time looking at popular characters from Wile E Coyote to Tweety Bird to Batman.
Notable rides include:
- Batman, Knight Flight – Experience a high-octane ride through the spectacular skies of Gotham City. You can even launch from the Batcave, go to the streets, and fight against villains.
- The Flintstones Bedrock River Adventure – This is one of the most preferred rides among youngsters. Take a boat ride in Bedrock as you explore the many prehistoric sounds and sights.
Nothing beats MAD when it comes to being the best live music venue. Here, they host different talented artists every day to make sure that guests always have a new experience every time they visit.
Notable acts include J Balvin, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, and other international musical talents.
7. Yas Beach
Don’t’ miss taking a dive at the crystal clear waters of Yas Beach and enjoy the pristine white sands. Here, you can also kayak along the mangroves and sail. You can play ball on the volleyball court or do your workout in the outdoor gym. And if you choose to stay for the night, you can take a private chalet on the waterside.
Book your trip to Yas Island Abu Dhabi
With lots of unique things to do, you must include Yas Island Abu Dhabi in your itinerary for your next Abu Dhabi trip. Whether you want a laid-back experience or adrenaline-pumping action, Yas Island Abu Dhabi has got you covered.
Just make sure to check out their website for updates and book your tickets before packing your wheeled garment bag. This way, you can bring the most suitable clothing for your Yas Island experiences.