Whether you’re a music lover on a budget or simply looking to save some money, here are eight great ways to save on music-related expenses. From streaming services to purchasing albums, these tips will help you get the most out of your music listening experience without breaking the bank. So, whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting out, read on for some valuable advice!
1. Join a music streaming service:
One of the best ways to save on music-related expenses is to join a music streaming service. There are a number of great options available, and most services offer a free trial period, so you can test them out before committing. This is a great way to access many songs without having to purchase them individually. Doing this saves you money and eliminates the need to store music on your device or computer.
2. Purchase albums instead of singles:
Albums typically cost more than singles, but they often include more tracks and offer better value for your money. In addition, purchasing albums supports the artists you love and helps keep their music alive. It makes sense to purchase music whenever possible, and the extra few dollars for an album are worth it in the long run. Additionally, if you only like a few songs on an album, you can always rip them to your device or computer and delete the rest.
3. Use online coupon codes:
If you’re looking to buy album downloads or streaming subscriptions, be sure to use online coupon codes to get discounts. Many websites offer coupons for popular music services, so be sure to do some research before purchasing. One way to save even more money is to sign up for a subscription service that offers a discount when you purchase an annual plan. Moreover, there are often discounts available for specific categories, so be sure to ask about those before signing up.
4. Find free music online:
There are a number of websites that offer streaming access to millions of songs for free, and there’s something for everyone in this vast library. Whether you’re into classic rock, hip-hop, or country music, you’ll be able to find what you’re looking for without spending a penny. It becomes even easier if you’re willing to compromise on a few of your favorite songs and genres.
Here are some options to find free music online:
- YouTube: The world’s most popular video streaming site also offers a wide range of music to choose from, both old and new.
- Torrent Sites: If you don’t mind downloading music for free, https://thepirateproxybay.com/ can be a good option for finding torrents of your favorite albums and songs.
- Pandora Radio: This service allows you to create custom stations based on your favorite artists or genres, and it’s all free!
- iTunes: Apple’s own music store offers millions of songs for purchase, many at discounted prices if you’re willing to buy the album instead of individual tracks.
- Amazon Music: Along with books and movies, Amazon also sells music online, with discounts available on bulk purchases.
- Bandcamp: This independent music store allows artists to sell their music directly to fans, often with lower prices than major retailers.
- GrooveShark: This streaming service offers ad-supported listening for free or a premium subscription without ads.
5. Subscribe to podcasts:
Podcasts are another great way to enjoy music without spending any money. In addition to being free to listen to, they also come in a variety of formats, so there’s something for everyone. From comedy shows to music documentaries, there’s a podcast for everyone.
- Audiobooks: If you’re looking for a way to enjoy music without listening to it live, audiobooks are a great option. Many libraries offer free listening access to audiobooks, or you can purchase them from retailers like Amazon.
- YouTube: While not all of the content on YouTube is legal or free to listen to, there are plenty of videos that fall into both categories. Plus, with the advent of streaming services like Spotify and Apple Music, YouTube has become an even more valuable resource for music lovers.
- Library card: Your local library likely offers a variety of resources related to music, including books about musical history and biographies of your favorite artists, as well as free access to streaming services like Spotify and Rhapsody.
6. Subscribe to a music magazine:
If you’re looking for a more in-depth music experience, subscribing to a music magazine can be a great way to go. From magazines that focus exclusively on classical music to publications covering all genres of popular music, there’s likely a magazine out there that will appeal to you. It comes with the added bonus of being a great way to support your favorite artists!
7. Go old school:
Believe it or not, buying music on CD is still a thing. And while you might not be able to find every album you’re looking for in this format, it’s still a great option if you want to build up your music collection without spending too much money. Plus, many independent artists only release their music on CD. So, if you have a favorite band or artist that you want to support, buying their music on CD is a great way to do it!
No matter how you choose to listen to music, there are plenty of ways to do it on a budget. So, get out there and start exploring! With a little bit of creativity and some smart shopping, you can enjoy your favorite tunes without breaking the bank.