Covid-19 cases have increased due to the contagious delta and omicron variants. Face masks are still necessary, especially for youngsters who have not been vaccinated. There are many masks such as surgical, procedural, dental, CPR masks, etc. Masks played a vital role in controlling the spread of covid-19 during the pandemic. Masks limit the volume of droplets you release while talking and coughing. Face masks that fit properly lower the risk of developing COVID-19.
Types of masks
It is not as simple as it appears when it comes to selecting a mask. A lot of confusion arises while buying a mask. A mask’s price, quality, comfort, and fit are all critical factors. The primary function of the mask is to prevent us from getting into contact with the virus.
Depending on the type of mask and how it is worn, it can give varying amounts of protection. Loosely made cloth masks provide the least protection while masks like KN95s, OP masks provide maximum protection.
Cloth masks are intended to trap respiratory droplets that are released when an infected person talks, coughs or sneezes. The most effective cloth masks are made up of multiple layers of tightly-woven fabric like cotton. A mask with multiple layers will stop more respiratory droplets from escaping your mask or entering it.
Surgical masks are loose-fitting disposable masks. They shield the wearers from infectious germs that may be present in drops and sprays. When the wearer breaths in, a surgical mask also filters out big particles in the air. The ear loops of the surgical masks are knotted to give a firm fit.
A KN95mask is a type of mask that is made up of high-quality materials. When the wearer inhales, it filters out both large and minute particles, providing better protection than a surgical mask. When purchasing a KN95, however, be wary because many imitation masks are sold that do not fulfill quality standards.
An N95mask offers the highest level of protection. It filters out both large and small particles when the wearer inhales. Like surgical masks, N95 masks are intended to be disposable but we can disinfect and reuse them.
When working with specific groups of people, such as deaf people, tiny children, and people with disabilities, clear masks or fabric masks with a clear plastic screen may be effective.
OPmasks are made of high-quality materials that are designed to provide optimal protection against any infectious virus. It is made of skin-friendly filter material and consists of three layers to purify the inhaling air.
Here are some features of the OP mask:
- It consists of a perfect edging
- Have three layers to offer optimal protection
- It is easy to clean and maintain
- Has adjustable straps and nose clip
- Made of skin-friendly and safe material
How to select a mask?
When selecting an OPmask there are many choices we come across. There are some things to keep in mind while purchasing an OPmask.
Buy an OPmask that:
- Consists of multiple layers
- Is made up of skin-friendly and washable material
- Covers your nose, mouth, and chin
- Fits firmly on your face and has a nose wire
- Allows you to breathe comfortably
- Is fluid resistive
- Contains bacterial and particulate filters
Don’t buy a mask that:
- Has gaps around the side of your face or nose
- Consist of single layer fabric
- Is made of hard material and difficult to breathe through
- Are made of harsh materials
Purchasing masks of different colours and designs can help you style them with your dress. This makes wearing masks more comfortable.
Benefits of wearing masks
Prevents the spread of infectious viruses
Amidst the pandemic widespread of the virus, COVID-19, one of the most effective types of equipment that prevents its spread is the OPmask.
An uninfected individual can get the virus by inhaling a droplet from an infected person that enters their nasal cavity or mouth. Masking can assist in becoming aware of not putting one’s hands into one’s nose or mouth.
Proper blood circulation is necessary to keep the face shining at all times. Face masks can help with blood circulation, which is vital to keep the skin on your face fresh. Your skin will appear more revived, invigorated, and shining as a result of wearing masks.
Since masks contain multiple layers for filtration of air, breathing is comfortable and easy.
How to use an OP mask
Proper use, storage, and cleaning of OPmasks also affect how well they protect you. Follow these steps for putting on and taking off your OPmask:
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after putting on your OPmask.
- Your OPmask should cover your mouth and nose and chin.
- Tie it behind your head or use ear loops. Make sure it’s firmly fit against your face.
- Don’t touch your OPmask frequently while wearing it.
- If you accidentally touch your OPmask, wash or sanitize your hands.
- If your OPmask becomes wet or dirty, switch to a clean one. Wash and disinfect the dirty mask.
- Remove the OPmask by untying it or lifting off the ear loops without touching the front of the mask or your face.
- Wash your hands immediately after removing your OPmask.
- Regular cloth masks can be washed by washing machine or by hand. Dry them in the dryer or hang them outside in the sun.
- Throw away disposable masks after wearing them once.
Follow these precautions while wearing a mask:
- Don’t put masks on anyone who has trouble breathing.
- Don’t put masks on children under age 2.
Don’t wear loose-fitting masks
Remove the mask when someone is unconscious or otherwise unable to remove the mask without help.
Along with COVID-19 vaccination and boosters, mask-wearing in public and other safety measures such as physical distancing, testing, and hand washing is key to reducing SARS-CoV-2 infection and spread. Taking all necessary precautions is important for a safe and healthy life.