Do you know why affiliate marketing is the best method for beginners? Because, you can do it at the comfort of your home and earn handsome commissions if done with little dedication. But there are certain things you have to check off your list before you can start making any sales and make it profitable.
With many new affiliate marketers on the rise, it is important to be aware of the preparations you have to make before you start.
Pick The Right Niche
Picking the right niche is very important for successful affiliate marketing. Here are a few things you should keep in mind while selecting a niche,
- Make sure you know about the niche very well. It is always better to pick a niche you love so that creating content won’t be a daunting task.
- Make sure the niche is profitable. If your niche isn’t profitable, you will be earning low commissions.
- Pick a niche which has low competition but high demand. Highly competitive niches are difficult to break into and getting a good ranking is almost impossible.
- Instead of creating content around a broad niche, focus on a specific sub niche. For example, instead of creating general content about cooking you can focus on categories like vegan recipes or gluten free meals.
Choose Your Products
Choosing the right products and services are crucial in affiliate marketing.
- You must make sure you pick products or services which are relevant to your niche. These products should also help in solving a particular problem or make the consumer’s life easier in some kind of way.
- Look up high quality products on affiliate networks. These products should have good ratings and must not be difficult to figure out regarding usability and function.
- Always try to pick products which offer good commission per sale. The cheaper the product, the lower the commission you receive. It will take several sales for you to get a decent profit. In high ticket affiliate marketing you can make high commissions up to 40% and this can amount to more than $100 if the product is high-priced.
Build A Good Website
A good affiliate marketing website is necessary to make your content stand out and get your visitor’s attention.
- Make sure your website is search engine optimised. It is important to include a target keyword which is related to your niche in the website name.
- The website design should be user friendly and easy to navigate. It should load fast and have eye-catching elements to capture the visitor’s attention. You should also make sure the website is mobile friendly.
- Affiliate links and calls to action must be placed at the top of the page and be easily noticeable to the visitor. The visitor shouldn’t have to scroll down the page.
Use Data Analytics
Data Analytics can help you understand what your consumers like best by determining which links, articles and resources convert best to a higher income. You will be able to learn where most of the traffic comes from and can use this information to implement better marketing strategies.
If you are a beginner affiliate marketer, Google Analytics is a great place to start because it tracks and provides you with statistical data on your site visitors for free. You should also use affiliate link trackers which will show you how well your affiliate links are performing.
Plan Your Traffic
Generating a good amount of traffic is necessary to make sales in affiliate marketing. There are two ways you can plan your traffic,
- Organic traffic – The amount of organic traffic you get will depend on how well your site ranks on Google. Make sure your website name uses specific target keywords, so people can find you more easily. Use data analytic tools to track your visitors and optimize your content accordingly.
- Paid traffic – In this case, you have to pay to receive traffic through advertisements, banners, video ads and pop-ups. One of the most popular approaches is the pay per click where the advertiser pays the publisher a certain amount of money per click.
You might not experience a lot of success at the beginning of your affiliate marketing journey. However don’t be discouraged because you will learn a lot of new strategies along the way which will help you perform better.
Res Marty is the founder of Affiliate Academy where he shares all his affiliate marketing tips and tricks. He is passionate about helping people achieve financial freedom with online marketing.