According to WHO, approximately 280 million people worldwide suffer from depression and anxiety. Severe cases often lead to suicide, which stands at 700,000 deaths annually. Most of those who suffer from depression and anxiety are uncomfortable discussing their deepest fears with friends or loved ones and many feel as if they have no access to professional help. Fortunately, virtual therapy can help with depression.
Virtual therapy platforms can help with depression. These platforms have therapists who understand depression and anxiety and their impact on your wellbeing. The therapists will listen to you and guide you through your emotions and fears. They are also available whenever you need to talk.
Many people suffer from depression, but they don’t even know it. Virtual therapists will not only listen to you, but they will also give a diagnosis and treatment. The virtual therapy platforms have professionals in different fields, including depression and anxiety. Once you reach out for help, you will be connected with the best therapists to provide you with the support you need.
Online Therapies For Anxiety And Depression
When seeking online therapy for anxiety and depression, you may be asked a few questions before being linked to the ideal online therapist. Virtual platforms offer multiple therapies to help you manage anxiety.
Some online therapies for anxiety and depression are;
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). This psychotherapeutic treatment is ideal for people with destructive thoughts that negatively influence their emotions and behavior. These negative thoughts are often spontaneous, worsening depression, anxiety, and emotional difficulties.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). This psychotherapy emphasizes the importance of acceptance when dealing with negative thoughts and feelings. Many people go into depression because they fail to accept change, which affects their ability to uphold their goals and values. Virtual therapists will help you keep your eyes on the goal, irrespective of your present circumstances.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT). DBT is a cognitive therapy that therapists use to help individuals who are anxious about the future. Virtual therapists will guide you into living in the moment and identify the positive things in your life, even amid emotional turmoil. The therapists will also help you regulate your emotions and find healthy ways to cope with stress.
- Interpersonal therapy will help you forge stronger relationships. If the issues you are having in your relationships are behind your depression, virtual therapists will help you express your thoughts and desires more healthily. This will help you and your loved ones seek solutions to the problems causing controversy.
These are some of the therapies that most therapies available in virtual therapy platforms. Once you discuss the issues you are facing, the therapist will identify the best therapy to help you cope.
Major Types Of Anxiety Disorders
Virtual therapists appreciate that there are different types of anxiety and their causes. If you are suffering from an anxiety disorder, reaching out to a virtual therapist is the first step to getting help, especially if you cannot attend in-person therapy.
Here are the major types of anxiety disorders.
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD).
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Social anxiety disorder
- Major depressive disorder (MDD)
- Persistent depressive disorder (PDD)
Some people suffer from one type of anxiety disorder, while others experience multiple disorders. Virtual therapists appreciate that you have no control over the anxiety you experience. However, they will guide you to control the issues causing you to be anxious. Even if the problem still persists, you will learn to develop healthy coping mechanisms.
How To Get The Most Out Of Virtual Therapy
Virtual therapy has been proven to be quite effective. It is convenient, and since therapists from across the globe offer help to those in need, you will get help day and night. You no longer need to feel alone or that no one cares about you, especially when facing issues that trigger anxiety. You may also get help before you experience severe depression.
You can do the following to get the most out of virtual therapy.
- Choose the most comfortable space in your home for your therapy sessions.
- Follow the directions of the therapists, especially when going about the issues in your life.
- Prepare for your therapy sessions.
- Even though the session is taking place in your home, you need to treat it as you would an in-person therapy session.
- Ensure you choose a time that works for you. Avoid interruptions, especially if you have children or you work from home.
When you prepare for virtual therapy, you will benefit from the session. The therapists offering virtual therapy are the same ones providing online services. With their support, you will overcome the challenges you are facing.