There is no doubt that using cannabidiol (CBD) can be good for your well-being. Due to its versatile nature, you can find CBD in several forms. However, many people often need clarification on which form of CBD is a superior and better alternative. Especially when choosing between CBD oil and CBD capsule, there is always a common question, which one is most effective for health?
CBD oil and capsules are two forms of CBD that have been around for quite some time. However, they are made for different purposes. Below is a comparison review of CBD oil vs. capsules, highlighting their main pros and cons.
CBD Oil vs CBD Capsules: A Detailed Breakdown
CBD oil and CBD capsules are two different forms of CBD products. While they might produce almost similar benefits, there are certainly specific differences between them, and here is a detailed breakdown.
CBD oil is also referred to as CBD oil drops or CBD tinctures. It’s an organic cannabidiol compound extract infused with a carrier oil to increase its bioavailability. Most brands on the market use carrier oils such as MCT coconut oil and hemp seed oil. CBD oil usually comes in 30 ml bottles with glass droppers. So, you must place the recommended number of droplets under the tongue and wait a minute or so before spitting. CBD will reach the bloodstream via the tiny blood capillaries found in the mouth.
The Advantages of CBD Oil
CBD oil is readily available in the market. As a result, you can conveniently choose from the broad product catalog that includes options in different formulations, flavors, sizes, and potencies. Besides that, you can play around with the dosage to determine what works for you. Aside from providing users with immediate effects, this type of CBD also has a higher bioavailability than capsules. So, much CBD content will easily find its way into the system. For optimal benefits such as improving sleep or similar assistance that require immediate effects, use CBD Oil from reputable brands which ensures organic and pure class of CBD as their main ingredient.
The Disadvantages of CBD Oil
Using CBD oil isn’t beginner-friendly when it comes to dosage estimates. It comes with a learning curve since the dose isn’t pre-measured. Besides that, unlike capsules, CBD oil doesn’t offer discreetness or convenience while you are on the move. Lastly, most of these products have thick textures and a strong earthy flavor which can be annoying. Note that some users may end up experiencing CBD oil side effects such as the cottonmouth effect and nausea.
CBD capsules consist of CBD hemp extract that’s covered by a soft gel as the shell. These products are similar to prescription pills. This is because to consume them; you have to swallow them with a glass of water. CBD capsules are the stable versions of CBD oil. The CBD compound in the capsule has to pass through the digestive tract and the liver before reaching the bloodstream.
The Advantages of CBD Capsules
Capsules are generally easy to take. They make the perfect addition to your wellness plan since they come in encapsulated forms. Besides that, each capsule product is made with a fixed CBD dose. As a result, you can conveniently use them while on the move or without having to estimate the appropriate dosage. CBD capsules are odorless and flavorless. As a result, they are ideal for those who want to avoid the taste and smell of raw hemp. For more effective results that offer value for your money, always go for the best CBD capsules from reputable brands.
The Disadvantages of CBD Capsules
Generally, CBD capsules have lower bioavailability compared to CBD oil products. This is because a significant level of potency is usually lost as the compound passes through the digestive tract and gets metabolized by the liver. Understand that it might be difficult to change the pre-measured dosages. In addition to that, it’s not easy to find CBD capsules since they are less popular. Most brands usually stock CBD oil products which are popular with consumers.
What to Consider When Choosing Between CBD Oil and CBD Capsules
Even though there are many brands and products on the market, it’s still important that you choose high-quality CBD products. When choosing between CBD capsules vs CBD oil, you should focus on important considerations such as:
- Usage: What will you use the CBD product for? If you are looking for a product for immediate relief, you should consider buying CBD oil. On the other hand, CBD capsules would be the most supplementation to your wellness regimen. This is because it allows you to plan your dosage accordingly.
- Bioavailability: CBD oil products have high bioavailability due to carrier oil. So, much of the cannabidiol compound easily finds its way into the bloodstream. Meanwhile, CBD capsules have low bioavailability since the compound has to pass through the digestive tract and get processed in the liver before getting absorbed into the bloodstream.
- Flavors: CBD oil products have limited flavors, and most usually have the raw taste of hemp. CBD capsules are odorless and tasteless, so you don’t have to deal with a lingering taste.
- Doses: CBD oil products come with a learning curve for dosage estimates. It would help if you tried different amounts of oil drops until you find what works. If you are using capsules, then you are guaranteed dosage precision. You can consume them in doses such as 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg, and so on.
- Effects duration: It takes a few minutes for the effects of CBD oil to kickstart. However, the duration of these effects is also lower than that of CBD capsules. While the effects of the oil can take up to six hours, the effects of CBD capsules can last up to 8-10 hours.
CBD oil and capsules are different forms of CBD products with different purposes. They are designed to suit different lifestyles and preferences since they have unique profiles as they have different bioavailability, taste, dosage, etc. If you want to experience faster effects with the ease of adjusting the dose, consider using CBD oil. If you want convenience, ease of use, discreetness, and dosage consistency, then it’s best to consider using CBD capsules. While the effects of CBD capsules usually take longer to kickstart, they also tend to last longer.