The term Electronic Money Institution, or EMI, is often used when talking about offshore companies and bank accounts. However, many still have misconceptions about what does it involve. Some people relate it to banks, but that is not entirely true. The truth is that Electronic Money Institutions (EMIs) are companies that have obtained a license to offer different types of financial services to entities. They are also required to keep their funds safe to separate accounts. EMIs are attractive because they prove to be a very nice alternative to standard banks. People can open their accounts much quicker and the paperwork required for opening an account is not extensive. Another major plus is that individuals are not required to physically go to a certain institution to open their accounts. Setting up is done by following a few simple steps and then money transfers can be done right away.
Advantages of EMIs
- EMIs are very safe. This is because they follow very strict rules and laws to ensure the full security of clients` funds. They keep all details of their clients private, funds are always kept safe in protected separate accounts, and all money transactions are encrypted.
- EMIs are also very flexible and give clients a wide array of choices. There are lots of options to choose from, which makes customers more comfortable. Unlike banks, who often only work with wire transfers and process card payments, EMIs offer over a dozen other payment options so the customers can choose which are best for them.
- EMIs comply better with regulations and laws. Other financial institutions, such as banks, are usually facing many legal constraints. However, EMIs are not that strictly regulated, which is why they can introduce many modern procedures for opening an account that does not require filling in so much paperwork.
- EMIs products are tailored for the new generation of people. We are living in a digital era and people spend a significant amount of their time online. Modern banking solutions are a necessity in today`s fast-paced world, and that is where EMIs come into play.
- EMIs save money and boost progress. Electronic Money Institutions do not waste money on maintaining ineffective offices and branches. They also do not spend money on unnecessary ads or sponsorships. They are straight to the point and very effective, which is why people love using them.
All of these are the main advantages of Electronic Money Institutions. The cons of them are rare if any. Perhaps one small con is in their restrictions. Most of the EMIs are small companies with only limited liability. The number of transactions one can make online during a day is also limited, although they are still pretty solid and meet most people`s needs. More about Electronic Money Institutions and details about them can be found at the very helpful Offshorecorptalk forum. By equipping yourself with knowledge, you will gain an advantage and will be able to experience the full benefits of EMIs.