Going to a chiropractor or seeing a pain specialist for an aching back can cost a lot of money. Why should you continue to suffer when your old mattress may be causing you these woes? The following information will give you the inspiration you need to change your mattress so you can sleep better and get rid of that crick in your back.
Time to Find a Mattress for Sale
To begin the mattress buying process, think about the features of your current mattress by answering the following:
- How old is the mattress?
- Do you toss and turn a lot at night?
- Does it feel lumpy?
- Does it sag in the middle?
- Does it meet your criteria for support?
- What kind of mattress do you have?
- How is the mattress made?
There is no need to feel restless or cranky when you can find a mattress for sale that will alleviate your spinal and back problems permanently.
If you are using the traditional innerspring mattress, you certainly will not find any relief if you suffer regularly from backaches. That is because the inner springs and coils only form and shape the mattress.
They are not made to soothe or comfort specific pressure points when a person sleeps. Therefore, you probably will find more comfort by sprawling out on a recliner. Plus, innersprings can sag after a couple of years, which defeats the whole purpose of relieving an aching back.
The Good and Bad Points of Memory Foam
One of the popular mattress materials today is memory foam. This type of mattress is ideal for sleepers who are lighter in weight or do not have problems with night sweats or overheating. Unformturely, if the mattress does not contain a cooling substance, such as a gel, the foam tends to hold a person’s body heat.
Nevertheless, memory foam mattresses do come with a great deal of customer satisfaction. This satisfaction is due to the following reasons:
- The mattresses can be used in adjustable beds
- Memory foam allows for a high amount of pressure point relief and supports the proper alignment of the spine
- The material helps with both pain relief and prevention
- The bedding has a low level of motion transfer, so if you sleep with someone, you won’t get jolted awake from your partner getting in or out of bed.
- The mattress is great for anyone with allergies, as it detracts dust mites and similar allergens.
- The mattress accommodates various sleep
Memory foam mattresses last about 10 years.
Latex mattresses are popular as they contour well to the body and contain coils that make it easy to get out of bed. While a traditional innerspring mattress usually lasts about 10 years, a latex mattress provides ongoing comfort for as long as 20 years.
Actually, latex falls under the category of the natural materials used in mattresses today. Other natural materials include the following:
- Organic cotton, which can last as long as 15 years
- Organic wool (good for regulating the body temperature)
- Coconut coir (which as a type of bouncy quality)
If you are in a hurry to get a mattress and are determined to gain some back relief fast, your best bet is to focus on mattresses made of memory foam or latex.
An Innerspring Latex Mattress
To save money, you might consider an innerspring latex mattress, as the springs give the mattress more support and latex is considered an antimicrobial material. If you tend to sleep on your back or on your side, you may prefer this type of bedding.
A Polyfoam Latex Mattress
You can also look at polyfoam latex hybrid mattresses, especially if you prefer to sleep on your side. While stomach sleepers should stick to softer mattresses, people who like to sleep on their side or back should choose a mattress that offers moderately firm to firm support.
Why should you continue to spend money at the chiropractor or on pain medicine when your old mattress simply needs replacement? Take a look at mattresses on sale and give your back, neck, and shoulders the rest they deserve.