Is it a good or a bad idea to use social media at school? There are still those parents who feel worried about the use of social networks in the educational process questioning the effectiveness of social media as an educational tool. However, most parents and teachers can see a lot of benefits from the use of the modern online technologies.
Today, it seems that there is no such problem that can’t be solved with the help of a search engine. For example, when having a need to get professional academic assistance, any student can turn to excellent essay writing here and get all the necessary answers. This is just one way of how students can benefit from the use of Internet technologies. Let’s check how both teachers and students can benefit from the use of the social media in schools.
How Exactly Can Schools Use Popular Social Media?
The very first task of any teacher is not just to teach his or her subject but to engage the audience. It is not a secret that it is impossible to attract the attention of modern students without the use of the social media. The interaction of social media and schools guarantees success if to know how to use social media tools effectively. Let’s have a look at the most frequently used SMM and the benefits they have for the educational process.
That’s why the process of sharing knowledge is being improved regularly with the aim to satisfy all needs and wants of the today’s students. In the pedagogical activity, the possibilities of social networks can be used to solve a variety of tasks. On social networks, it is possible to organize effectively:
- the collective work of a group;
- the long-term project activities;
- the international exchanges;
- distance learning, regardless of the physical location.
The Best Tips for Schools: How to Start Using Social Media in 5 Steps?
The use of social media can help to create the favorable atmosphere for studying at schools. If your school hasn’t started using any social media yet, check the tips on how to get started in 6 steps.
1. Understanding the purpose
Before you get started, think of the mission of the creation of the collaborative environment. All types of activities should be performed under the spirit of the strong sense of community.
2. Choosing the most suitable educational platform
There are a lot of networks used by students daily. Which one will suit your school? To answer this question, it is necessary to compare their pros and cons. Let’s have a look at the main features of the most popular social networks that can serve as a function of a successful educational platform.
- Facebook: This is a serious social network, which combines a large number of people of different ages. Creating a school page with its help offers a lot of benefits. Among them, there is an opportunity to interact with the parents. It is very convenient to share all school news via the Facebook posts.
- Instagram: This is a great place to share the illustrative material. Why not use it after having an excursion with the students, celebrating some holiday, or enjoying other activities? This is a good way to share emotions with each member of the team.
- Twitter: Compared to the previous social platform based on the photo-content, Twitter is a place where participants are offered to communicate with the help of short messages that are known as tweets. Through such brief but focused tweets, it is possible to communicate some important information to both parents and students. If a person liked the text, he/she could retweet it to share with others.
3. Motivating students to learn better by sharing their achievements
It is possible to share the projects of students with the help of social media. This is the most effective way to involve teachers, students, and their parents who always want to know what is going on during school lessons.
4. Sharing information about all school workers
The social media page should contain the full information about the educational establishment, and those people who work there. One may think that there is no point in writing about a school nurse but believe, this is the wrong way of thinking. Each person working at a school is a part of its life performing the functions that contribute to the success of the educational process. Students and their parents should know who works at the school and what they do.
5. Posting information about the organization of holidays, charity events, etc.
Social networks are a great way to share everything that takes place inside and outside of school. Sharing videos and pictures are the best methods to show the parents that the school life is full of happenings.
The mentioned ideas for the social media implementation into school learning are just a few among numerous opportunities. Check the tips above and brainstorm your own valuable ways of how your school can benefit from the use of SMM.