Juicers are the machines that we use to extract all the juice and liquid from the fruit. You have to put the vegetables or fruits into the juicer and turn the switch on. Overall, the process is super easy and practical to do.
In the morning or whenever you drink the juice, it immediately fills you with nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants. Now the question is why do we go for juice instead of eating a whole fruit? Unquestionably, solid fruits and vegetables contain more nutrients but fats as well. Moreover, people like to finish their work as fast as possible because they take a glass and drink it in seconds and go for their daily tasks. Also, it will feel fresh all day. Above all these, we have seen many other benefits, especially when people drin citrus or pomegranate juice every day.
Types of Juicers
Before going ahead, first, you have to figure out which type of juicer can fulfill your needs and requirements. Such as, only best pomegranate juicer is best for the pomegranate. Below are the styles, along with their pros and cons for you. It will help you a lot to decide what type you should choose.
1. Centrifugal Juicers
Centrifugal Juicers are the hottest in the market due to their sharp and fast-moving blades. These blades are the finest to chop vegetables and fruits into meshes. So, these meshes will separate the pulp of flesh from the liquid. In contrast to citrus models, centrifugal models are better in terms of functionality and budget.
These juicers are compatible with a variety of fruit and vegetables. When it comes to herbs, leafy greens, and wheatgrass juice, these are not as good as others. One more noticeable fact is that most of the nutrients get away with the pulp. Therefore, you lose the nutritional benefits of such types of juicers.
- Sharp and fast-moving blades
- Suitable to the most varieties of fruits and vegetables.
- You can continuously add veggies and fruits while juicing
- The vegetables like herbs, wheatgrass, and leafy greens don’t juice well.
- As compared to the cold press models, it generates fewer fruits
- Requires more time and effort for maintenance
- Larger in size thus takes more counter space
2. Citrus Juicers
Suppose your aim is to juice citrus fruits, then these types of juicers for you. In these models, they find the most cost-effective options for you. This kind of juicer is listed as “Citrus Press” or “OJ Juicer.” Luckily, these models are available in a wide variety. For instance, a manual and simple citrus juicer only costs $20. There are electronic versions also accessible in the market but with some high price tags. These electronic models are built-in containers and capture the variable sizes of juicing cones according to citrus fruits.
Without any don’t, citrus juicers are the best for the people who want to juice in a small to medium quantity. Furthermore, juice lovers who only desire to juice citrus fruits can go with it.
- Simple to use
- Low maintenance
- Portable and small, so it takes less space on the counter
- Available at the most affordable prices
- Not suitable for non-citrus fruits
- Not made to juice in large quantity
3. Masticating Juicers/Cold Press Juicers
You can call these juicers by different names: slow juicers, masticating juicers, cold press, or a single-gear juicer. However, these machines are expensive as compared to centrifugal and citrus juicers. At the same time, cold press juicers provide more juice and nutrients than the above juicers.
The fruits and vegetables crush to squeeze out maximum juice. Nevertheless, the slow working process of the machine makes sure to produce a liquid that keeps fresh for longer. The juicer is not only compatible with the maximum variety of veggies but also goes beyond that. Like, you can make baby food or turn nuts into nuts.
On a short note, cold press juicers are better than juice extractors or centrifugal machines. For people who want to consume a lot of nutrients daily, it’s a good choice.
- States juice fresh for a more extended period.
- Keeps the juice with bundled nutrients
- It works with leafy greens, wheatgrass, herbs, and all other veggies and fruits efficiently.
- Produces most of the juice as compared to other juicers
- Far quietest juicer than others.
- Time-consuming work process
- Expensive machines
- It needs extra attention and time while cleaning and wiping.
- The big juicer machine takes up a lot of space on the counter.
- It is hard to store
4. Twin-Gear Juicers
Here twin-gear juicers come, the choice of juicing enthusiasts made up with unique features to give you high-end tastes. In the market, the juicer is also famous for the names of dual gear and triturating juicers.
The juicers cost more than cold press juicers but provide you with more nutrients than any other juicing machine. In these types of juices, the vegetables and fruits interlock between two gears and squeeze them thoroughly. The working process of these juicers is even slower than masticating. But it extracts more nutrients as well.
Very health-conscious people should consider this high-end juicing machine. It provides you with maximum nutrients and functionality.
- These juicers are pretty quiet.
- It provides you with rich nutrients.
- Twin-gear models juice out the most liquid of vegetables and fruits.
- Also, you can use it for the purposes like making bread and pasta.
- Nonetheless, these juicers are compatible with many vegetables and fruits.
- Keeps the juices as fresh as possible for a long time
- Expensive juicers
- It takes time to clean.
- Bulky thus seizes larger counter space
- Difficult to store
- These juicers are very powerful hence not suitable for soft fruits like citrus fruits.
Slower than cold press juicers.