Full house is an American TV sitcom seriesthat aired from 1987 to 1995. It was created by Jeff Franklinfor ABC. It revolved around the events of widowed father Danny Tanner who enlists his brother-in-law Jesse Katsopolis and best friend Joey Gladstone to help raise his three daughters in his San Francisco home. The sitcom had eight seasons and 192 episodes.
If you’re one of the show’s fans and you miss watching it, or if you want to know more about the sitcom, here are some of the interesting facts about Full House.
- Becky, who was played by Lori Laughlin, signed up for only six episode but she became so popular that she ended up being a mainstay artist for the show.
- Most of the artwork on the Tanner family’s fridge was done by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.
- Before they were cast on the show, Bob Saget and Dave Coulier were roommates in real-life. This fact was revealed by Bob Saget in his book. He said that Dave Coulier used to sleep on his couch thirteen years before Full House started.
- The show’s theme song, “Everywhere You Look”, was also composed by the guys who made opening the theme song for the shows Family Matters and Step by Step.
- Steve, who was played by Scott Weinger, appeared on the show as two characters. One of the characters was named Steve Peters and the other one was named Steve Hale.
- Scott Weinger was the voice of Alladin.
- D.J stood for Donna Jo. It was the name of the eldest Tanner child. Donna Jo Margaret Tanner.
- Candace Cameron’s first kiss happened on the show. She was just thirteen years old back then and before filming the scene, she had to ask Lori Laughlin if she should keep her eyes open or closed.
- Dave Coulier was the one who thought of Joey’s iconic catchphrase, “Cut it out!”
- On the episode “Too Little Too Late” Little Richard accidentally slapped Jodie Sweetin.
- Bob Saget was not the actor who played Danny Tanner in the show’s pilot episode. Although he was originally the actor who was chosen to play Danny Tanner, Bob Saget was currently employed on CBS’s “The Morning Program”. That is why the producers opted for John Posey instead. But after Bob Saget got fired from his job, the producers of the show decided to re-shoot the pilot episode for broadcast, this time with Bob Saget as Danny Tanner.
- During the show’s fourth season, there was an episode entitled “Fuller House”.
- Full House’s original title was “House of Comics” but ABC’s show creator, Jeff Franklin wanted to showcase a family-oriented sitcom just like Family Ties. That’s why they made a few changes and the show was born.
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen got their roles because they were the only ones who did not cry during their auditions.
- Comet the dog’s real name was Buddy. He was a golden retriever who can stop soccer balls, shoot a basketball and catch baseballs. Because of his talent, he was cast to star on his own films entitled Air Bud and Air Bud 2.
- The house on the show’s opening credits was sold for a whopping 3.1 million dollars in 2014. The house is also one of the largest and oldest San Francisco houses.
- On the show’s first season, Danny Tanner had a mustang named Bullit. But on episode eleven, Uncle Jesse destroyed the car and replaced it with a replica and called it Walter.
- The show’s opening credits show people driving over the Golden Gate Bridge. But they were not the actual cast, they are just the lookalike of the cast who were filmed by a helicopter.
- Before Full House ended, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen became the youngest self-made millionaires ever.
- A few months after meeting each other on the set of Full House, Dave Coulier and Jayne Modean married each other. But sadly they ended up having a divorce two years later.
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s mother almost pulled them out of the show after the first season. She said she wanted her twins to have a normal childhood. But the show’s producers offered them a bigger salary just to keep them in the show.
- In the first season, Uncle Joey’s mannequin in his room always wore the same shirt that Uncle Joey was wearing.
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen would call their castmates by their character names to avoid mixing up their names when they are filming.
- On 2015, a spinoff entitled Fuller House happened and John Stamos was the one who headed the campaign to make the spinoff series happen.
These are the fun facts about Full House. Did we take you for a ride down memory lane?