Welding is a process of attaching metal parts by using heat and pressure. In every modern architectural structure, welding is a must. It helps to attach both indoor and outdoor objects strongly. In this time of the modern industrial revolution, welding can be a profitable job if a welder can be a sufficient expert in his work field. Welding is risky and technical work. It needs an expert and experienced hand to make a delightful quality of welding. Employers always try to find them. Welding is a fantastic job for hard workers. It doesn’t want a college degree.
Moreover, the training programs are short. If anyone has enough concentration and willpower, he can be a good welder in any a few times. Welding Hubs are waiting for welders with sufficient skill and experience.
Types of welding: There is various kind of welding. They are used for different types of works
- Gas Metal ARC welding: This process is used to attach stainless still, copper, nickel, carbon still, aluminum, and more. This welding requires a thin wire as an electrode. This process is easy to learn and offers high-speed welding. You can also get better control by using GMAW.
- Gas Tungsten ARC welding: GTAW welding process uses a non-consumable tungsten electrode. It is used to attach aluminum, copper, nickel, and more. It is used widely in bicycle and aircraft manufacturing. This type of welding is solid.
- Shielded Metal ARC Welding: SMAW uses a consumable electrode coated in flux. It’s one of the cheapest welding processes. It’s useful in dust and dirty material. Overall, SMAW is less durable than other weldings.
- Flux Cored ARC welding: FCAW is quite similar to the GMAW process. It’s best for a learner. Besides, this process is inexpensive and easy. This welding requires a thin wire as an electrode. It’s common in the automotive and construction industries.
Pros of Welding Job
- Secure job: Welding is a technical job, and the person who knows to work can have adequate job security. Welding is needed in almost every kind of industry. From construction to agriculture, they have demand everywhere. A welder can change his working platform anytime. If he is a sufficient expert, he will be offered in various filed anytime. He can choose any option that he finds best.
- No college degree: You don’t need so many certificates to get a welding job. You need to take some courses and gather experience to be a good welder. And the courses are not so long. They are easy to adopt if you are sincere. Though it’s a technical work, employers will focus on his skill.
- Handsome Salary: An experienced and expert welder can make a six-figure salary in a year. They can get about $33,000 at entry-level. Underwater welders can make more than a regular one.
- Flexibility: A welder who is an expert in is work can get great flexibility. He can join anywhere in the welding sector. He can get the opportunity to participate in any industry such as construction, automotive e.t.c.
Cons of Welding Job
- Risk of physical damage: Burning is one of the most common injury welders faces. They need to work with high temperature and electrode. It can cause light and massive skin burn if you don’t use proper safety.
- Risk of eye damage: Welding makes a very high light. If welders don’t use proper eye protectors while working, it can blind their eyesight slowly.
- Risk of breathing problems: Welding makes heavy metallic fume. Carbon dioxide, carbon mono oxide, lead oxide, and other metallic fumes can hamper your lounge. But gas masks and proper protection can secure from this.
Skills an expert welder should contain
To be an expert, a welder should contain some skills.
- An expert welder should have the ability to understand a blueprint properly.
- He needs to have an excellent idea of fabricating.
- Should have experience in the MIG welding process.
- Skilled hand in torching is required.
- Skilled welder should have a clear idea about fabricating.
- He needs to attentive in detailing his work.
- He should be careful about his safety.
In this time of the modern industrial revolution, welding is using in every industry. The construction, factories, mechanic shops, welding is everywhere. It can be a better job than a boring office period. Welders can make good money by growing their skills and experience. The mains merits of this job are, it’s a technical job and skill is welcomed here rather than a certificate. Also be sure to check out welding helmet reviews as well.
A welder has an opportunity to get a flexible work platform with his safety. If a welder can be enough experienced and skilled, he can earn a 6 figure in a year easily. On the other hand, if someone isn’t aware of his safety, it can be a risky job for him. Though it’s a hard-working job, it can make your life better than other options. You will have good money if you show good skills.