An experienced fisherman once said: “In winter and summer, in autumn and spring, people go out to rivers and lakes to catch fish. I sometimes think to myself: “Why do I and they need it?” But when you start to imagine what the next fishing will be, such thoughts immediately fly away somewhere.
And again, with excitement in my chest, I am preparing gear and experiencing a sense of pleasure. ” Such thoughts are close to many men and women who are fond of fishing. And we suggest you talk about the main attribute of this outdoor activity – fishing rod.
For all kind of fishing gear information visit fishersline.com
Types of fishing rods:
The success of fishing – the number of fish caught plus a good mood – largely depends on the right fishing rod. In the modern classification there are a wide variety of subspecies and types of fishing rods. Sometimes even the most avid fishermen start to get confused in them.
- Float fishing rod. It consists of a fishing rod, float, fishingline, sinker and hook. You can fish with such a fishing rod at any time of the year, except for winter. Location – a strip along the shore of the reservoir.
- It consists of a fishing rod, reel, hilt, fishing line, rings, sinker, leash and bait. Using a spinning rod will require certain skills from the fisherman, since this type of fishing rod has a special fishing technique and involves a constant change in fishing location.
- Bottom fishing rod. It consists of a fishing rod, sinker, fishing line, hooks, leash, gatehouse and float. It uses a feeder. You can catch almost all types of fish. Fishing when using the bottom fishing rod is always effective.
The choice of fishing rod depends on where, when and what kind of fish you are going to catch. If you and I choose a fishing rod for summer fishing, then let’s look at the most common types.
- Fly-fishing (fishing rods with dumb equipment). A distinctive visual feature is the absence of through-rings. Rods can be either telescopic or plug-in. The undoubted advantage is ease and convenience during transportation.
- Designed for long casting. Access rings available. Consist of several plug parts. This type has a very accurate test of casting equipment and is used in conditions of stagnant or weakly flowing water.
- Plug-in. Visually, they are very similar to a swing rod, but according to the principle of fishing, they are very different. The advantages of this type is that it is possible to quickly switch to the appropriate equipment depending on the conditions of the bite and in various reservoirs. The short plug is designed for easy fishing on overgrown rivers. A plug 8-9 meters long has the maximum advantage in strong currents and near coastal pits.
- They have a telescopic fishing rod with flow rings. This type is focused on fishing both in strong currents and in still water. This type of fishing rod will require the owner of a good eye and knowledge of the topography of the bottom of the reservoir.
Which fishing rod to choose?
Now let’s talk about how to choose the right fishing rod. Upon arrival to a specialized store you have to choose a rod, ne and hooks. The choice of hooks depends on the weight, type of fish and type of bait. But with the choice of fishing rod will have to tinker.
First of all, pay attention to the weight of the rod. Whatever the rod may seem easy at first glance, remember that you will have to hold it in your hands for a long time. The lighter the rod, the more sensitive the float tackle. It is difficult, but you need to find a reasonable balance between the ease and reliability of the rod. With experience, understanding of what is best for you will come.
The next important point is the length of the fishing rod. For an amateur fisherman, when buying a fly rod, a length of 3, 5, 7 meters is suitable. The usual length of a match fishing rod is 3.9-4.5 meters. Pay attention to the length of the fishing rod when folded. The shorter it is, the easier it is to transport it. But note that in this case, the number of components during operation will increase.
Now let’s talk about the material of the rod. Strength, lightness and flexibility depend on the material. Carbon fiber reinforced plastic, fiberglass, bamboo, hazel, reed are the main materials used. More expensive models have graphite.
When choosing a fishing rod, check not only the quality of its manufacture, but also the ease of use. Pick up the rod, hold it on weight. To assess the stiffness, lay out and fold the fishing rod yourself. Each rod is characterized by its bending under load. There are soft, medium and hard types of rods. For beginner anglers, rods with a medium degree of stiffness are more suitable.
Ask a professional fishing shop how to choose a fishing rod, and do not rush to make a purchase. Go to a couple of specialized stores and compare the quality of the goods presented in them. If you are unsure of your knowledge, invite an experienced angler with you. And remember: buying a fishing rod is only the first step to a dream. A dream, like a fishing rod, needs to be cherished and cherished. Which fishing rod to choose – of course, you decide. A real fisherman does not catch fish, but luck. We wish you a great pastime away from the bustle of the city, and successful fishing!