Cannabutter is a fast and easy way to infuse cannabis into your diet. It’s a versatile source of THC and cannabinoid. Most people prefer using salted butter as it has a higher smoking point than unsalted ones. It’s advised to keep an eye on your saucepan or you can waste all your efforts as butter tends to burn easily if left unattended.
Are you planning to make Cannabutter at home? Well, this blog can help you a lot in making a super effective and long-lasting cannabis-infused butter. Read till the end to know some easy recipes that can be made with this cannabis-infused butter product.
Method to make Cannabutter:
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Serving size: ½ Cup of Cannabutter
- Half cup salted butter
- ¼ ounces of finely grounded cannabis buds
Directions to make Cannabutter:
- Melt the half cup salted butter on a low flame in a saucepan. After melting, add the grounded cannabis buds and let it simmer on low flame for at least 45 minutes. Keep on stirring it frequently to avoid scorching. Do not let it get boiled.
- Use a funnel and cheesecloth to strain the butter into a glass dish. Make sure the dish has a tight-fitting lid so that you can store butter in it for a longer duration. Strain the mixture and squeeze out every drop of butter available. When you’re done with the step, discard the plant material present on the cheesecloth.
- You can use it immediately or refrigerate until it’s the right time to use it. You can easily store large batches of Cannabutter. One pound of salted butter can easily absorb around 1 ounce of cannabis, but you need to simmer it for at least 60 minutes.
Tip: For medical patients, it’s advised to use 2 ounces of cannabis buds for each pound of salted butter to make a strong batch of Cannabutter.
How to use Cannabutter:
Well, you did a great job and made a delicious jar of Cannabutter. However, now the question arises on how to use this cannabis-infused butter in a recipe. It’s quite simple. You can add small amounts Cannabutter over freshly prepared pasta or any other dishes for quick satisfaction.
Cannabutter is used as an essential ingredient in various marijuana-related recipes. It’s basically a substitute in place of regular butter or oil. Some people preserve a good amount of this recipe in their fridge or freezer so that it can be used again without the long preparation time.
Precautions to take while using Cannabutter:
- Ask your physician before consuming Cannabutter and be particular about the dosage.
- Keep it away from children and don’t use it in recipes when making food for the whole family.
- In case of allergies, make sure to visit your physician as soon as possible.
- If it’s your first time, try using a small dosage and then increase it with time.
So, this was all about how to make Cannabutter at home. By following this recipe, you can make your own batch of cannabutter that can last for some time. Don’t forget to share your experience in the comment section given below.