Baccarat is a popular casino game that can be played in different variations. The online casinos almost always offer a version of this game, and you can also play baccarat (บาคาร่า) in live casinos.
1. Card values
Before explaining how to play the game, it’s good to know what value certain cards have.
- Ace costs point 1
- The gentleman, the wife, the jack are worth 10 points
- Numbered cards have the value shown on the card from 2 to 10
2. Place bets
You have the option to send on the Punto profit (the player), the Banco profit (the bank), or on a link, also known as an Egalité or Tie. In addition to these betting options, so-called secondary bets are also possible. As mentioned, you can use this to make extra opportunities to play for a profit. Secondary bets may vary by provider and game.
3. The game begins
The player and the bank both receive two cards. The score, as explained earlier, will be used for this. The number of points on the cards must then be 9 or close to 9 to win.
If the value exceeds 9 points, the last digit counts as the value you are playing with. For example, if you have 6 and 9, then you have 15 points, and you start playing with a value of 5 points. On the other hand, if the player or the bank immediately has 8 or 9 points when dealing with the cards, we call it Natural. Then no more cards will be dealt with whoever has this number.
4. The trader deals according to the rules
The dealer deals the third card to the player and/or the bank with a certain number of points. You do NOT have to remember these rules yourself. The rules for this are as follows:
- 0 to 5 points: a new map for the Punto
- 6 or 7 points: the Punto passes and does not receive a new card. The Banco must draw a new card if it has 5 points or less.
- 8 or 9 points: Punto and Banco do not get new cards. The Punto won if the number of points on the bench is not 8 or 9
- 0 to 2 points: the Banco receives the third card if the Punto does not have 3 or 8 points
- 3 points: the Banco receives a card if there is no profit at the Punto
- 4 points: the Banco receives a new card when the third Punto card is worth 2 to 7 points
- 5 points: the Banco receives a new card when the third Punto card is worth 4 to 7 points
- 6 points: the Banco receives a new card if the third Punto card is worth 6 or 7 points. If the Punto fits, so does the Banco.
- 7 points: no new card
- 8 or 9 points: The game is over, and no new cards are dealt
Regular bets give, for example, the following payments:
- Profit Punto: you get the money back along with the same amount as the winnings
- Banco profit: you also receive the share back plus the same amount as winnings, minus 5% in tax
- Draw: in case of a tie, you receive 8 times the share. However, the chance of this happening is very small.
Baccarat is a fun table game that is not as difficult as you think. You can play it in different casinos. What is important is to know the rules well and what actions you must take if you want to play the game. Like all other casino games, the dealer always has an advantage. Also, keep in mind that the dealer knows how the game works and can anticipate the next one more quickly.