Today, most of the world is depressed, and there’s a genuine need to try and cure that. It is why there are several claims of medication to help deal with anxiety and depression. One claim that is becoming popular is the use of cannabis.
But how accurate are these reports, and can cannabis help deal with anxiety and depression? Are there some side effects that come with the use of cannabis to deal with depression and anxiety? You can find out more below and how you can use cannabis to treat anxiety and depression.
CBD and THC
Two strains come to mind when you think of cannabis. This affects the one you choose will work for you – CBD is mainly used for medicinal purposes, and THC is what you use when you are chasing that high.
Here’s a breakdown of the two;
- CBD – When you’re looking for a non psychoactive ingredient with weed, this is what you need to go for. It has a wide range of potential therapeutic particles, making it ideal for curing depression and anxiety.
- THC – This one contains psychoactive ingredients. This is what is associated with getting high when you smoke weed. You are unlikely to get any medicinal aspects from this strain.
How Cannabis Helps Cure Depression and Anxiety
As already stated, when you want to cure depression, the ideal marijuana product that you need to use is CBD. That’s not to say that THC can’t help; it actually can – though it has some significant effects to it – you will learn more about that later on. As mentioned by the team behind Greenace Canadian cannabis store, when it comes to curing depression and anxiety, both these products have some great benefits. Some of the known benefits when using weed for anxiety are;
- Improved relaxation – when you are suffering from anxiety, relaxing will give you a sense of calm. It will ensure that you are in a position where not many things bother you. You want that to be able to fit in, especially when you are in new surroundings.
- Better Sleep – if you want to do away with depression, you need to sleep better. Sleep allows the mind to rest for a while.
- Increased sense of calm – when you are anxious, you won’t get much done and may be less productive. With cannabis, you can increase the level of calmness a little bit.
All these benefits; get them when some symptoms are reduced. Here are some of the signs that are massively reduced when you use cannabis to help you deal with anxiety and depression;
- Social anxiety
- PTSD – post-traumatic stress disorder, which includes trauma responses and flashbacks
- Sleep disruptions
- Panic disorders
Risks Involved with Using Cannabis for Curing Depression
Like most medications, some risks can come from using cannabis. The research about cannabis and its impact on depression isn’t conclusive yet, and several questions are still unanswered.
Some of the risks that can come from the use of weed to cure depression and anxiety are;
- Side effects – some side effects come from the use of weed. This is regardless of whether you use it for depression or not. You are unlikely to experience more when you use CBD-based products.
Another thing you need to know when you use marijuana for anxiety treatment is that the side effects vary based on the method used for consumption.
- Mixed Views – there are several conflicting views regarding the use of marijuana for curing depression. The main is, does it cure depression, or can it lead to depression? In several studies, there have been times where weed has also led to depression.
This begs the question, is it safe to use for depression, or can it escalate the situation?
- Can trigger some conditions – though research isn’t conclusive, there have been statements that the use of marijuana for people who suffer depression can trigger some states. Conditions such as psychosis and schizophrenia for people who are anxious and depressed already.
The several side effects that can come from the use of weed for people suffering from depression and anxiety include;
- Psychiatric disorders
- Long-term memory loss
- Increase symptoms
- Develop cannabis hyperemesis syndrome
- Increase tolerance and need
Cannabis is quite popular today and can be used for several things – even if it’s just getting high. But there are some medicinal values that it gives too. Here are some of the benefits that you can get when you use cannabis to cure depression. You can also see some risks that come with the use of it when you are depressed.