Greece Golden Visa has provided EU residency for around 28,500 investors and their families in total, since 2014. As a result of this, more than €2,6 billion in funds have entered the Greek economy.
As a residency by investment program, Golden Visa Greece is a relatively easy way to get a European residency.
You can find details about the program below.
What Is Golden Visa in Greece?
Typically, Golden Visa programs provide EU residency for international investors. To get this right, investors make an eligible investment and submit certain documents in the related country.
Greece Golden Visa is one of these programs. In exchange for €250,000 investment, it grants you a five-year residence permit in Greece.
Through your Golden Visa, you can live in Greece, and travel within Schengen countries visa-free. Certain family members can also enjoy these rights along with you.
This was the summary of this program. Let’s now get you introduced to the benefits you can enjoy through Greece Golden Visa.
Benefits of Golden Visa Greece
Live in Greece
Both your family and you can live in Greece once you get your Greek residence permit. You can stay in Greece for as long as you want. Also, Greece Golden Visa doesn’t require any stay period to maintain your visa.
As a resident in Greece, you can benefit from the public healthcare and education benefits, too.
Family Members Can Join With You
Your spouse and children younger than 21 can join the program as well. In addition, the main applicant’s parents and parents-in-law can also get a residence permit.
You Can Travel in Schengen Countries
Greece Golden Visa grants you the right to travel among the Schengen countries without any additional visa. So, you can easily enter these 26 European countries without any trouble.
Double Taxation Treaty is Another Relief
You may not need to pay taxes for your international income in Greece, depending on your country of residence. There are also certain tax benefits for foreigners who live in Greece as tax residents.
Investment Requirement is Quite Low Considering the Real Estate Market
Golden Visa in Greece offers the lowest investment requirement compared to other Golden Visa programs like Portugal or Spain. It only requires a €250,000 investment in Greek real estate to qualify.
Indefinite Renewal of Residence Permit
You can renew your Greece Golden Visa every five years.
What Are Other Investment Options of Greece Golden Visa?
Find the investment options to qualify for the program below:
- At least €250,000 investment in a real estate property in Greece
- A lease agreement of 10 years: Hotel accommodations or furnished tourist residences in tourist resorts are applicable
- A minimum of €400,000 investment in
- Greek government bonds
- Bonds or shares of real estate investment companies in the country
- Shares and bonds of venture funds and private equity with headquarters in Greece
What are the Steps While Applying for Golden Visa in Greece
- Step 1: Determine the type of investment or the property you’ll buy.
- Step 2: Get your Greek Non-Resident Tax number and open a Greek bank account. You can use the execution of power of attorney at this step.
- Step 3: Legal Due Diligence and purchase of property occur at this step. Later, the promissory sale, purchase agreement and the execution of a public deed follow.
- Step 4: Prepare all the necessary documents regarding your Greece Golden Visa application.
- Step 5: Visit Greece for the submission of biometric data to the authorities in Greece.
- Step 6: Get your Golden Visa approval and residence card
- Step 7: Renew your Golden Visa every five years.
- Step 8: Greece citizenship by investment is possible in theory. For this, you need to stay in Greece for seven years and pay taxes. However, there’s no sufficient information about this because it’s a relatively recent program.