Princess Aurora is a leading character of the 1959 Disney animated film Sleeping Beauty. Aurora is based on the characters of a fairy tale by Charles Perrault Sleeping Beauty as well as the fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm, Little Briar Rose. She is the third Disney princess and one of the Disney princesses born into royalty.
Check out the best free parental control app for iPhone!
1. The fairy tale “La Belle Au Bois Dormant,” written by Charles Perrault in 1697, served as the inspiration for the story of Sleeping Beauty. It was also the inspiration for the Brothers Grimm story, The Briar Rose, published in 1812.
2. Princess Aurora was the first Disney Princess to have a name different from the title of her film.
3. Audrey Hepburn served as an inspiration for Aurora’s slim physique.
4. Tom Oreb was the one to develop the original design for Aurora’s animated persona. Later, Marc David and his wife Alice improved the look and costumes, which were much more realistic than any previous Disney film.
5. Aurora was the last Disney princess created before Walt Disney’s death in 1966.
6. Aurora remained Disney’s last princess for 30 years until Ariel from The Little Mermaid debuted in 1989.
7. Aurora is one of the three original Disney princesses, alongside her two predecessors, Snow White and Cinderella. They are members of a trifecta known as the “Golden Era” of Disney heroines.