Korean essence moisturizer products have become popular lately among Korean women and people in the beauty industry… and for good reasons. They have anti-aging and anti-wrinkle properties, help to reduce dark spots, and protect against sun damage.
If you have not tried one yet, you probably have many questions about what they are, how to use them, and if they will work for your skin type or condition.
After all, to get the most out of your skincare, you need to know how to use the product in conjunction with the best Korean essence moisturizers and serums.
Here are some tips on using Korean essence moisturizer to make your skin look great.
What Are Essence Products?
Essence products, also called toners, are the first step of a Korean skincare routine. They are a watery liquid in various textures, including gel, serum, and cream. The texture can depend on the ingredients used and how much water was added during production.
These products serve to hydrate the skin while removing impurities left over from cleansing. There are many essence products serving different functions – some claim to be anti-aging, while others focus on other specific skincare needs such as hyperpigmentation or acne-prone skin.
Here’s a step-by-step breakdown of how to use Korean essence moisturizer:
- Get the face wet with clean water.
- Place a small amount of the essence moisturizer onto your palm and spread it evenly across your hands.
- Gently pat this moisturizer onto your skin upward, circular motion, starting at the chin and then working towards the forehead.
- Continue this patting process all over your face, including under your eyes and neck, for about 1-2 minutes until it absorbs into the skin.
- It would help if you did it about 3 times a day for the best results.
- Be sure to use a gentle cleanser to remove dirt or makeup before applying the moisturizer. Afterward, apply sunscreen during daylight hours and wear an SPF 30 or higher at night.
- Do not forget to wash off any residue left on your skin in the morning.
Pros of Using Korean Essence Moisturizers
The benefits of Korean essence moisturizers go beyond hydration;
- They have anti-aging properties that help to prevent wrinkles and combat acne breakouts.
- They can be used for oily skin treatment and contain vitamins A, C, D3, and E to help reduce redness.
- For dry skin, there is no need to worry because most moisturizers contain soothing ingredients like lavender oil or licorice extract, which will relieve the tight feeling of cracked skin. You may also want to consult a dermatologist if you find yourself experiencing extreme dryness or irritation.
- It has antioxidants to protect against free radicals and aids collagen production, helping keep your skin elastic and smooth.
- It is also good for dry skin because it contains glycerin, a humectant that pulls moisture from the air to keep your skin hydrated.
Korean essence moisturizers come in many different varieties and levels of richness depending on what you need from them. Some even contain sleeping masks, so you can save time using one product twice! If you still aren’t sure what kind would work best for you, consult an expert who knows what their clients need without fail.