An AV failure is every presenter’s fear. Not only is it embarrassing, but it’s a problem for you and your audience, too. That’s because it delays the event, which affects the audience’s schedules. Truth be told, no matter how much you prepare for your presentation, you will never be ready for everything. One solution to this problem is to hire a Los Angeles audio visual company.
This problem has a lot of solutions. Below, we narrow it down to a few tips to help you avoid this unwanted embarrassment.
Los Angeles Audio Visual Company: Tips to Prevent a Failure
- Hire a technician. Hire a quality AV technician to take care of your AV needs. Doing so can help you set up and test the gear you’ll use for the event, and train you on how to use it during your event.
- Conduct a site survey. If you need to know the details of the venue, but you couldn’t see it in person, the best thing to do is to conduct a site survey. Hire a technician to travel to the site, and make sure that the layout and the gear you want to use will work within that space. Also, have the technician run a test on the power connections and the internet in the room.
- Make your presentation available ahead of time. It will help your technician in preparing for your event. Your technician can test the presentation on their gear and make sure that their gear is up to the specs you require. If they don’t meet the specs, then they will make the necessary adjustments.
- Prepare a backup gear. AV failure may happen anytime. You can have everything set-up and tested and may still encounter a failure. Because of this, it’s important to have a backup gear onsite.
- Hire a Los Angeles audio visual company. Hiring the right AV provider can help you focus on your presentation rather than the preparation. If the AV provider is good, then they’ll be able to identify the problems before you notice them and before they happen.
How to Hire a Los Angeles Audio Visual Company
To hire the right AV company, all it takes is for you to explain how you want your event to be. Usually, companies don’t know what they need or what they want to accomplish. They just simply schedule an event. To prevent this and make your event a success, the Los Angeles audio visual company should ask you the right questions.
Below are the questions you should expect the AV company to ask you:
- Can you tell me about your event? When the AV company asks you this, it means you’ll have to do the talking, and explain what your event is all about. This means the AV company is interested to know about your vision and your target audience. Knowing what you expect and what you want is the best way to start your interaction with the AV company.
- Which aspects of your event or presentation are most important to you? If the AV company asks this question, it means they want to know if you care more about the execution, specific gear types, or professional techs. The company should be asking open-ended questions to get the most comprehensive results from you, instead of asking yes/no questions.
This is a great idea for you to talk about what you desire and envision. Your answer to this question will let the AV company know what aspects of the event they should focus on.
- How much is your budget? This question goes along with which aspect is the most important to you. Hiring an AV company may involve a large amount of money. By asking you this question, the AV company will know which solution will best fit you.
- Have you done this before? If so, what worked? What didn’t work? Whether it’s your first event or not, knowing this will help the AV company decide if they should go over the basics, or skip to the services and specs right away. If you already had events in the past, knowing what worked for you will provide the company a better idea of what they can offer you.
This should be your opportunity to hear what the company has outlined for you – if their solutions can prevent a problem in the past to happen again.
- Is this going to be a recurring event? Knowing if you have multiple events the AV company can bundle together will greatly affect the strategy in expertly fulfilling the series. The best Los Angeles audio visual company will be able to come up with a solution that will work for every event in the city.
You should be looking at savings in the budget by booking multiple locations and events with a single AV company. Working with only one company in many locations rather than booking several companies in different locations will help you save time. It will also make it easier for you to manage things.
- What are your expectations for your AV company? The AV companies need to understand what you see in them because this sets the expectation from the start. If they know what your expectations are, then they may be able to meet or even go beyond your expectations to make the best impression possible. This also lets everyone know if there are expectations that are impossible to meet.
When hiring an AV company, make sure to discuss your expectations first. It’s better to talk about these things at the start instead of letting them go when things go wrong. When you set clear expectations in the beginning, both parties will be able to work together through the entire process. This ensures that the event will be a success.
The key to a successful event is to hire a Los Angeles audio visual company. This shouldn’t be hard if you know what your event is all about, and if you communicate well with the AV company. If you need help, don’t hesitate to reach out to The Catalyst Companies.