The title of the work should be clear, bibliographically accurate, meaningfully defined, problematic, compact and literary.
- First: the wording of the name should be clear in form, i.e. should not contain unreadable and abstruse phrases with words and phrases known only to the author and a narrow circle of people close to him. There is nothing more to add here.
- The second requirement is a bit more complicated. The title should contain keywords that represent our research.
No matter which social science discipline you need to study and cover in your paper, you will have to follow this structure:
- introductory part (a couple of common words as an introduction to the problem; relevance; listing of sources and research literature used in the work);
- main text (can be divided into chapters)
- the final part (a capacious and brief summary of what can be more read in the main text);
- references (broken down into sources, research literature in English / Russian / Chinese / other languages separately or simply as blocks in the list);
- applications and a list of abbreviations used if necessary
It is important to make a well thought out, structured and detailed plan.
Therefore, after the sheet with the approximate names of the work you need to take the second sheet and sketch its structure on one page of dense and orderly text. And then show it to some specialist who vividly sees the “holes” and elements of inconsistency in our plan with a fresh eye.
- Introductory sentence, which you bring the readers to the topic / issues.
- The purpose of the study and tasks for its implementation.
- If there is a certain methodology that you use when writing an article, you can write about it in the introduction.
- A little bit about what exactly this issue deals with.
- You mention that today there are such studies on this topic, and, for example, in Russian / in Russian oriental studies, nothing or almost nothing.
The main text
- A paragraph for a general context, for example, a historical one.
- Further, if it is necessary to say about the period, you speak about the period within which this problem is considered.
- If you need to characterize something, then characterize, if you compare – compare.
- In as much detail as the regulations of the journal’s editorial board allow, without “water.”
The final part
- You briefly repeat the key theses from the main part. This is not just a retelling, but generalized conclusions with explanations. It is desirable to finish the idea beautifully.
- A reader who has read only the introduction and conclusion (without the main text) should understand what this work is about. Introduction and conclusion should be as strong and concise as possible. If you are not sure you handle this assignment right away, it is a good idea to look for a professional online writing service and order your custom-written paper from them. You will save time and get a great example you can use later.
It is amusing how many people can’t get their thoughts together when it comes to dealing with such issues as writing social science essays and term papers. The reason is obvious — mostly the topics chosen are too broad and you need to deal with the huge amount of information to find relevant references, and later, after you’ve found them, you need to structure them to make them work for your final goal. When looking for sources, use Google Scholar search instead of a standard search. The results at first won’t look impressive, but you will later appreciate the quality of the content.