When you go to the market to buy a new mattress for your bedroom, make sure this time you purchase a quality mattress for a healthy lifestyle. You may find several options available in the market for you, and choosing one may be a bit confusing for you, especially when you frequently wake up to severe back pains and neck pains. The type of mattress you choose would be deciding the positive or the negative outcome from your investment in the mattress. The type of mattress you purchase would be deciding the lifestyle you would be leading after you start using it. When choosing a quality mattress for a healthy lifestyle, make sure to keep the following points in considerations:-
Getting familiarized with different mattress materials is important when buying a new mattress. Although the buyers can now use affirm to pay monthly for their new mattress, knowing the mattress material is important.
- Innerspring: The innerspring mattresses use coils which often provide a traditional bounce feel and strong support to the people while sleeping.
- Latex mattresses: Latex Mattresses typically offer more bounce and responsiveness than innerspring mattresses, and they tend to sleep much cooler.
- Memory foam: Memory foam mattresses are specially designed to contour the human body, leading to pressure relief for the people. Some users of memory foam report that the material sleeps warm, which is perfect for the winters.
- Hybrid mattresses combine memory foam or latex layers atop an innerspring mattress, often to provide a mix of softness and support.
- Air mattresses: Air Mattresses use an air pump to inflate the mattress to the desired firmness level by the users. Typically, each side of the air mattresses uses a separate chamber of air to accommodate two sleepers with different preferences.
1. Consult your Healthcare Provider
If you have a back or neck issue, it is better to consult a health care provider to know which type of mattress would suit you the best for a healthy lifestyle. It has been observed that people choose a mattress on their own and later regret it because they frequently wake up to their neck or back issues getting worsened day by day due to the wrong sleeping position and the wrong mattress. When having such problems, you should aim for a mattress in which your neck and back would be in a neutral position whenever you lie down on the mattress as it promotes a good positive spinal cord alignment for your body. Doctors may not be mattress experts, but they know your medical history and may suggest the best one for you to have a healthier lifestyle. You can purchase a mattress in a box for their perfect comfort while sleeping
2. Your sleeping position
When buying a quality mattress for a healthy lifestyle, you need to consider your sleeping position. There may be plenty of other factors, but you and your unique sleeping position matter the most. Though most people tend to toss and turn between different positions while sleeping at night, most people prefer a certain number of positions over others. Maybe a person likes to start on their back and eventually roll over to their sides. A person may be the one spending most of the night on their side and then finish off their beautiful sleep on their stomach while hitting the snooze in the morning. If a person has never really paid close attention to their preferred sleeping positions before, it is advised to pay extra close attention to how they sleep over a week before the run out to buy a new quality mattress. They are likely to find out that they are either a back sleeper, side sleeper, stomach sleeper, or some combination of the three.
3. Firm Mattresses
It is said that firm mattresses are not always the best mattresses. One should always think twice or maybe a couple more times before buying a firm or a hard mattress. According to research conducted by experts, it has been proven that to have sheer comfort while sleeping when having a back issue; a medium-firm mattress is far better than a firm mattress. There is a huge difference between firm comfort and firm feel.
Investment in a quality mattress for a healthy lifestyle is an important investment. Having a bad quality mattress can eventually lead to having spine issues for a person who may last lifelong. It may also ruin your quality of sleep which may cause anxiety problems when you don’t wake up in a fresh mood in the morning.