Las Vegas — the famous site for gambling. It seems that it’s the place for anything decadent. But here are some interesting and unbelievable facts about Las Vegas that may shock you.
1. There are no clocks in Las Vegas casinos.
2. Gambling is illegal just outside of Las Vegas
3. The name “Las Vegas” is somewhat ironic. Although the city is located in the middle of the desert, the name otherwise means “The Meadows” in Spanish.
4. When singer Paul Anka first performed in Las Vegas he was too young to be allowed in the casino
5. Las Vegas is the marriage capital in the United States, averaging about 315 weddings per day. The city also has about 50 chapels.
6. Although Las Vegas seems to have that “immoral” image, you may be surprised to discover that prostitution is illegal there.
7. If you’re a golf fanatic, head on to Las Vegas — the city offers an incredible 37 golf courses.
8. The world’s largest neon sign also happens to be in Las Vegas, unsurprisingly. It is the giant neon cowboy Vegas Vic that towers high above Fremont Street.
9. If you view Las Vegas from space, you can easily see the city, as it is one of the brightest cities on Earth.
10. Las Vegas has 14 of the 20 biggest hotels in the world!