Las Vegas — the famous site for gambling. It seems that it’s the place for anything decadent. But here are some interesting and unbelievable facts about Las Vegas that may shock you.
3. The name “Las Vegas” is somewhat ironic. Although the city is located in the middle of the desert, the name otherwise means “The Meadows” in Spanish.
5. Las Vegas is the marriage capital in the United States, averaging about 315 weddings per day. The city also has about 50 chapels.
6. Although Las Vegas seems to have that “immoral” image, you may be surprised to discover that prostitution is illegal there.
8. The world’s largest neon sign also happens to be in Las Vegas, unsurprisingly. It is the giant neon cowboy Vegas Vic that towers high above Fremont Street.
9. If you view Las Vegas from space, you can easily see the city, as it is one of the brightest cities on Earth.