In modern podiatry, specialists must use a variety of tools to improve the posture of the foot. Toe separators are one such tool. They can be used to separate the toes and restore their natural shape. This makes the foot function better and is less bothersome for patients. Let’s take a closer look at what a toe separator is and how to choose the bestwalk orthopedic toe corrector for your clients.
Who needs to use toe spacers
As children, each of us wore classic shoes with narrow toes. This has led many to the fact that over the years they have had problems with their foot. The fact is that the greatest width of the foot is in the toe area. But because of the narrow socks on the shoes, there was a deformity of the foot.
Narrow shoes squeeze the feet and change their shape. Because of its effect, the toes begin to close inward. As a result, the connective tissues in the foot shorten and blood circulation is restricted. In more complex situations, bones can appear on the foot in the area of the toes.
The first thing to do is to switch to the right shoes. This step will effectively help restore blood circulation and minimize the detrimental effects of shoes with narrow toes. But this is quite a long process and in a couple of it, the foot will not transform back. To achieve this goal, you need to use spacers. The main toe separator benefits is that they can be used to accelerate the positive impact on the foot. And this is at least the first step to the health of your feet.
There are cases like this that when neglected, often ends up needing a medical procedure. If you think you need more than a toe spacer, the Bunion Institute may be able to provide what you need.
The benefits of such a tool
Those who use toe separators can immediately feel their benefits. The most common toe separator socks benefits include an improvement in the shape of the foot in the toe area. But this is not the only positive effect. Experts among the benefits of using such a tool name:
- Improved balance and stability of the foot. With their help, the weight of the body is more evenly distributed on the feet. If the feet have wide and spread toes, it will be easier for the person to maintain balance and stability. This can help both on a basic level (people are less likely to trip or fall) and in athletic performance (with the right foot it’s easier to perform well and lower the risk of injury);
- Increased circulation. This is especially felt by people who often have cold feet. The reason for cold feet is that narrow shoes restrict blood flow to the toes. If you wear toe separators for an hour a day, blood will flow to your toes more often and your temperature (as well as circulation) will improve. More blood flow also helps small wounds or compression injuries from the frequent wearing of tight shoes to heal quickly;
- Alignment of the foot to its natural position. To properly align the foot, you need to take preventive measures. For example, to prevent various diseases like bunions or hammer toes (and even flat feet). To do this, it is best to buy the right shoes right away. But if you have worn traditional or modern shoes for a long time, use toe spacers as often as possible;
- Improvement of the arch of the foot. Another extremely important effect. By using spacers, the toes will be in the correct anatomical positions, then they will become stronger and more stable. As a result, the integrity of the arch is improved.
- Improved range of motion. Toe spacers can stretch the smaller muscles and the toes themselves. After each step, the toes receive an additional load in the form of the weight of the human body. Therefore, the toes must be flexible. Spacers help to achieve this effect. They also activate the plantar fascia.
Each of the above benefits shows why you should use toe spacers. We can recommend them, but the decision to use them should be made by your podiatrist.
How to use them properly
As we studied all the benefits of toe separator socks, we noticed that toe spacers partially resemble orthodontic braces. Their functionality somewhat resembles dental braces.
- they need to be worn constantly because they give a cumulative effect;
- for athletes, the effects are achieved faster, because they train more often and always wear spacers;
- do not ignore the recommendations of specialists.
Toe spacers are easy to wear. You just need to put a toe in each hole on your foot. It will be a little uncomfortable at first, but then it will get easier. Our website offers a wide range of spacers of different qualities. To order on the Daily Summit Shop we recommend contacting our manager.