Effective brand promotion with banners
If you are a business owner, brand-promotion is key to the survival of your business. Brands that employ effective brand-promotion materials tend to get a lot more attention from customers than those that don’t. Outdoor banners are one of the simplest and most effective promotional materials available in the market.
There’s a bunch of things that make them so effective as a brand-promotion tool.
- Cost effective: Outdoor banners aren’t expensive. So, you can have a large number of banners manufactured for strategic brand promotion without straining your budget.
- Attention grabber: Custom banners, when designed properly, can draw people’s attention quickly and effectively.
- A clear message: You can let people know what you are selling, and why they should buy it from, very easily with the help of custom printed banners.
What’s the perfect design?
You need to keep a couple of things in mind before having your banners designed and printed.
1. A well-thought-out content
Content is key to making any brand promotion campaign a success. This goes for banners as well. Remember: with outdoor banners, you have very little time to impress the passers-by.
- Make sure your message is simple and clear.
- Don’t pack your banner with information. Too much information stuffed within the limited space of a banner is actually counterproductive.
- Keep the design simple. A cluttered design theme can be counterproductive.
2. Legible fonts
The contents of a banner need to be visible from a distance. Large fonts serve the purpose of putting across a brand’s message loud and clear. Here’s a couple of tips to follow.
- Make sure your brand name is clearly visible on the banner from a distance.
- If you are advertising specific products, their names and/or features need to be printed in large, legible fonts.
- If there’s an ongoing promotional offer you want people to know about, print it in a different font in a highlighted section of the banner.
- Contact information should be clearly visible from a distance. Things like your website URL and mailing address need to be printed in large legible fonts.
- How you arrange the content of your custom banner is up to you. But make sure you don’t use the same font size for different sections of the banner.
- Play around with the font size and style a bit during the design process, and you will have a good idea as to the perfect font style and size.
- You are free to use any color that you want. Loud colors work well with outdoor banners. But make sure your banner doesn’t look too flashy.
3. Strategic placement
Where you place your banner determines how many people get to see it every day.
If you are putting up your outdoor banner in a crowded city area, make sure there aren’t too many competition banners around. It might be difficult to find such a spot, but there’s no harm in trying.
If it’s a trade show you are putting up your banner in, talk with the organizers to find the perfect spot for your banner. The best place for your custom banner is near the entry to the trade show.
4. “How large should my banner be?”
It boils down to how much space you have to put up your banner. If you are lucky enough to have a large space allotted to you, go for a large banner. But keep in mind, larger banners will cost you more.
5. Custom printing
Use a high-resolution printing service to print your message on your outdoor banner. Custom printed banner manufactures like Extreme Canopy use high-resolution digital printing techniques to print anything you want on your promotional material.
Other products to consider
Pull-up banners are an extremely practical iteration of the traditional outdoor banner. You can set up a pull-up banner anywhere on the ground without occupying too much space. And these accessories are easy to uninstall, and light enough to be carried around.
Pro-tip: The pull-up banners manufactured by Extreme Canopy are made from highly durable 150 GSM PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate). The anodised aluminum frame is also durable, and you can print anything you want on your banner.
The pop-up banner is an extremely practical iteration of the custom printed banner. They make for low-cost, high-impact promotional materials that can be installed both indoors and outdoors.
Pro-tip: The Pop Pod Banner, Shuttle Pop Banner and Oval Pop Banner range from Extreme Canopy, Australia, are excellent value for money products. They come in various sizes and the manufacturer lets you customize your pop-up banner according to your taste.
Other than the above mentioned brand promotional tools there’s a host of other products you can choose to effectively promote your brand.
The Detachable Valance is a type of detachable printed banner that goes well with your marquee tent. Frame Banners and Peak Flags work well with your pavilion in a trade show. Custom-made promotional flags and branded pop up canopies make things more enticing for your customers.
With some careful thinking and designing, you can turn your outdoor banner into an extremely effective marketing tool. Follow the simple tips mentioned in this article and have the perfect custom banner designed for your brand.