When it comes to home décor, brass wall art is the finishing touch that makes your home feel more like a home than just a place where you can live. Choosing brass wall decor for your walls can be very scary. You might be worried about choosing the right colors or size to fit your space. Choosing decor is much more personal than choosing furniture, which has to do with many practical things. And it may be the hardest part of making a room look good.
But if you consider the simple things below, choosing wall decor is much easier than you might think. With the help of this post, you will find the best wall decor that fits your space and style.
1. Choose Room Which You Want to Decorate
Choosing wall art for your office is very different from choosing brass decor for your bedroom. In addition to choosing pieces that fit the style and size of the room, you should also think about the purpose of your room.
- For Bedroom: The bedroom is a place to get away and unwind, so its art should reflect that. The best places for art in a bedroom are over the bed or on the wall on the other side of the bed.
- For Living Room: The room where it’s the most fun to hang art. This room is a good place to show off a large piece or a wall full of smaller pieces.
- For Office: Art is a great way to personalize your space and inspire you, whether you work from home or in an office. Choose pieces that help you be more creative and get more done.
2. Consider Wall Space
When picking brass wall decor for your home, you’ll need to think about how much space you have. And if you want the size to be just right, you must use a measuring tape and plan ahead.
Some Sizing Rules
- Large pieces of art shouldn’t be longer than your sofa by more than two-thirds.
- At least 15 centimeters should separate your wall art from the edge of your furniture.
- You can’t fill a big space with a small piece of art. So try putting together small pieces. Choose a theme or pieces by the same artist that go well together.
- When choosing a size, think about how high the ceilings are. Make sure it’s the right length and width for the space.
3. Determine The Theme of Your Room
Before buying new brass wall decor for a particular room, look at the furniture and decor you already have there. Bright and colorful art could be a great addition to a mostly neutral room. Or, if you have a lot of colors, patterns, and textures already, look for art that is simpler and less loud. In either case, think about how your current decorations and furniture look to choose pieces that will match the style or color scheme of your home.
4. Choose ArtWork For Your Place
If you’re still unsure what kind of art you want to put in your home. Here’s a quick look at a few pieces you might want to think about.
- Invest in at least one oversized and significant piece that you will want to look at for years to come.
- You can buy a trio, a set, or a group of small or mini pieces. These look great on short walls, above windows, or in hallways.
- Use frames to show off your style, whether you use ones that match or ones that don’t.
The abovementioned things help you find the best brass wall decor for your home.