Are you looking for an easy way to keep track of your mail? Do you want to be able to keep tabs on what’s being delivered to your home? Introducing USPS Informed Delivery, an innovative United States Postal Service service that helps you manage and sort through your mail before it even arrives. Keep reading for all the details!
What is USPS Informed Delivery?
USPS Informed Delivery is a free service from the United States Postal Service that allows residential consumers to preview their letter-sized mail and manage their packages digitally. With Informed Delivery, you can:
- View incoming mail images in your mailbox
- Get status updates on incoming and outgoing mail
- Receive notifications when packages are shipped, in transit, and delivered
- Track packages with delivery notifications
- Manage your USPS.com account for printing shipping labels and buying stamps
- Request a Carrier Pickup for packages
- Use the USPS Mobile app to view images of incoming mail and track packages
How to Sign Up for Informed Delivery
Signing up for USPS Informed Delivery is a straightforward process. Here are the steps you need to take to get started:
- Create a USPS.com account – Create an account on the USPS website. You’ll need to provide a valid email address and choose a unique username and password.
- Verify your identity – To use Informed Delivery, you must verify your identity. You can do this by completing the mobile phone verification process or by requesting the invitation code by mail.
- Activate your account – Once you’ve verified your identity, you can activate your Informed Delivery account and receive notifications about incoming mail and packages.
- Manage your notifications – You can customize the types of notifications you receive and how often you receive them. You can also specify how long your images will be available for viewing in the Informed Delivery dashboard.
Types of Mail That Can Be Tracked with Informed Delivery
USPS Informed Delivery allows you to track the following types of mail:
- Media Mail
- Priority Mail
- First-Class Mail®
- Parcel Select®
- International mail
What Are the Benefits of Informed Delivery?
- Get notified when mail is on the way: Informed Delivery lets you know when your mail is coming before it arrives, so you can plan accordingly.
- Keep track of important mail: You can track valuable mail, such as checks and bills, and even check to see if they have been delivered.
- Easy access to images of all your mail: With Informed Delivery, you can access images of all your incoming mail, so you never have to worry about missing anything.
- Automatically update package delivery status: With Informed Delivery, you can track the status of all your packages in one place, so you always know when they are delivered.
- Manage your account easily: With Informed Delivery, you can easily manage your account settings and preferences, so you always have control over your mail notifications.
- Save time with fewer trips to the mailbox: With Informed Delivery, you can quickly check what’s in your mailbox without making a trip, saving you time and energy.
- Stay informed and organized: Informed Delivery helps you stay informed and organized by providing a convenient way to track all your mail and packages in one place.
How to Manage Your Informed Delivery Account
Managing your USPS Informed Delivery account is easy. Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your account:
- Log in to your USPS.com account to view and manage your Informed Delivery notifications.
- Change your preferences to receive notifications by email, text message, or both.
- View images of incoming mail for seven days and package information for 15 days after each package has been delivered.
- Adjust the settings for who can view the images on your Informed Delivery dashboard.
- Request a new invitation code to verify your identity or update your account information.
- Utilize the Click-N-Ship feature to quickly purchase postage and print shipping labels from your home.
- Take advantage of other USPS services such as buying stamps, requesting a Carrier Pickup, and more.
How to Use USPS Informed Delivery Images
Using USPS Informed Delivery images can be a great way to keep track of your incoming mail and packages. With Informed Delivery, you can view images of your letter-sized mail and track packages being sent to you. Here are some tips for getting the most out of Informed Delivery images:
- Check your mailbox regularly: Viewing images of your mail means that you don’t have to wait until the mail arrives in your mailbox to know what’s coming.
- Stay organized: With Informed Delivery, you can easily organize your inbox and delete images of mail that you no longer need.
- Track packages: Informed Delivery shows images of packages shipped to you and provides tracking information so you can keep an eye on when they’ll arrive.
- Manage account preferences: You can customize your account so that you only receive notifications for the types of mail that you want to see.
- Report suspicious activity: Informed Delivery allows you to report any suspicious activity you may see in the images sent to you.
How to Track Packages in Informed Delivery
- Visit your My USPS dashboard to view any incoming packages. You should be able to see the package’s status, its estimated delivery date, and a tracking number.
- If you have opted-in to receive notifications, you will be sent an email or text when the package has shipped and when it is delivered.
- You can also receive notifications in the mobile app if installed on your phone.
- You can also request a free Package Pickup if you are still waiting for the package to be delivered to the post office.
- If you need to locate a package, use the USPS Tracking feature to find out where it is located and its estimated arrival date.
- If the package has been lost or stolen, you can contact USPS customer service to file a claim, and they will work to locate and deliver your package as soon as possible.
Tips for Getting the Most Out of USPS Informed Delivery
- Sign up for USPS Informed Delivery as soon as possible to get the most out of it.
- Make sure to verify your identity via a mobile phone verification process or a request for an invitation code by mail.
- Take advantage of the digital preview feature to ensure you don’t miss an important piece of mail.
- Use the package tracking feature to keep an eye on all incoming packages and plan for their delivery.
- Set up notifications for when new mail arrives in your Informed Delivery account, so you never miss a delivery.
- Take advantage of the Click-N-Ship feature to print labels and buy stamps without leaving home.
- Utilize the USPS tracking feature to get updates on your mail and packages while in transit.
- Use USPS Informed Delivery images to keep track of important documents or cards and ensure they don’t get lost in the mail.
What to Do When USPS Informed Delivery Isn’t Working
If you’re experiencing issues with USPS Informed Delivery, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem. Here are some tips for when USPS Informed Delivery isn’t working:
- Check your internet connection. Ensure you are connected to a stable and secure Wi-Fi or data connection.
- Make sure you’re signed up with the correct USPS address – the address must be a residential address or a personal P.O. Box address.
- Double-check that you entered your information correctly during the sign-up process. If you need help, contact USPS customer service to update your information.
- Verify that your email address was entered correctly in your Informed Delivery account settings. You should also check your spam folder or any other inboxes connected to the email address you used to sign up for Informed Delivery.
- Make sure you have enabled images and notifications in your email settings for Informed Delivery emails.
- Refresh your Informed Delivery page if an image isn’t loading correctly.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies if the page isn’t loading correctly.
- Try using a different browser if the page isn’t loading correctly. Some browsers are better suited for certain functions than others.
Troubleshooting Common Issues with Informed Delivery
Troubleshooting Common Issues with Informed Delivery
- If you need help accessing your Informed Delivery account, ensure you enter the correct login credentials. Also, try resetting your password if necessary.
- If you have difficulty receiving notifications or emails from USPS, ensure that your email address is up-to-date and confirm that your email settings are correctly set to receive emails from USPS.
- If your mail images and package information are not displaying correctly in your Informed Delivery account, try refreshing the page or clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.
- If you are experiencing delays in receiving your mail images and package information, contact the USPS customer service team for further assistance.
- If you need help accessing the Click-N-Ship feature, ensure that you have completed the identity verification process and have a valid USPS account.
- If you are experiencing any other issues with Informed Delivery, contact USPS customer service for additional help and support.
I hope you found this article helpful in understanding USPS Informed Delivery’s features. If you’re looking for an easier way to manage your USPS mail, check out PostScan Mail. Our digital mailbox service makes it easy to stay connected and organized with your postal mail – no matter where you are.