Dental implants are available in different heights, types, and sizes. It is only a dental implant expert who can help you infer the option that best suits you. It depends on the particular needs of the patient and other related factors. Depending on your desire, your dental implant expert will suggest a reliable option.
Take a look at the types of implants to make an appropriate choice
When coming to the implants categories, keep in mind that there are two broad categories of implants: endosteal and subperiosteal. For your benefit, you must get into the details of both
- Endosteal- these implants get implanted in the jaw bone. They are made of titanium and look like small screws. It is a common type of implant.
- Subperiosteal- they are placed under the gum, however above the jaw bone. Patients who lack a healthy natural jaw bone opt for this. Also, those individuals who do not want a bone augmentation procedure choose this option.
Those individuals whose jawbone is not strong enough to support dental implants depend on several techniques used by Rockville Dental Arts. It helps restore the natural jawbone and provides a firm foundation for teeth, which supports implants. These include the following:
- Bone augmentation: it involves regeneration and restoration of bone, in the jaw, in case it is not able to support implants. Studies reveal that the use of bone additives and growth factors aid to achieve the best results.
- Sinus left: it is also known as sinus augmentation and sinus elevation. The process involves the addition of bone right below the sinus when natural born deteriorates. It may be because of missing upper teeth.
- Ridge expansion: in case the jawline is not wide enough, for supporting dental implants, Ridge expansion is a suitable procedure. It involves bone graft material.
Take a look at the alternate dental implant technologies
The health of the person and specific needs of the individual determines the dental implant, which the dentist may suggest. You may explore some of the alternate treatment options in addition to conventional dental implant methods:
- Immediate load dental implant: these are also called same-day implants. These are immediate load dental implants that allow placement of temporary teeth during the dental implant placement. It is a good option for individuals who have enough natural-born and an implant, strong enough to support immediate placement.
- MDI or mini dental implants: The name is due to the narrow or small diameter implant. They are toothpick sized implants, which are thinner than dental implants used commonly. The procedure uses less invasive techniques for placing these implants and is used to stabilize a lower denture.
In addition to this, 3D imaging and treatment planning has become significant in recent times. It is the dentist who uses this equipment to analyze the anatomy of the jaw. Hence, it determines the sites for implanting placement before the surgery. It saves money and time and thereby shortens recovery time.