Do you have hassles for cleaning your oriental rugs? And, do you want to award your rugs lively looking around the clock? Then, we are here to mention the time and cost-effective ways of cleaning the carpets. I believe that you love your well-designed rugs a lot and wish to see them like new.
You know that most of them are wool, silk, or synthetic materials made. That’s why; these are highly prone to absorb dust, dirt, and germ. And not just for the aesthetic need, your rugs require complete cleaning for the health concerns also.
In the special writing, we will present you the best-researched ways of cleaning your oriental rugs. Let’s have a close look!
What Is The Best Way to Clean the Oriental Rugs?
In the thousands of households across the world, the use of oriental rugs is a common scenario to revitalize interior design. The variety of design and the combination of color gives an aesthetic appearance to your business or household interiors.
However, it takes close care and deep cleaning to sustain the looking. It’s not as difficult as you are thinking of cleaning your rugs if you know the proper ways of cleaning. Let’s learn them.
- Sweeping the Rugs: Most of the users commonly apply the particular home-arranged cleaning way. You can use both the common or electric sweeping brush to wipe out dust and dirt from your rugs. If it’s for the smaller areas, you can do the job by yourself. First of all, brush in one-way end to end and repeat it to ensure the finest sweeping.
- Vacuuming the Rugs: Vacuuming can be one of the best ways of cleaning the oriental rugs. You can vacuum your rugs once in every two weeks to keep them clean and bright. Go through the rugs slowly to pick all the pet hair, and dirt. And you should repeat the process to remove all the dust for fair cleaning.
- Shaking the Rugs: When the simplest way is your best choice, you can apply the particular way of cleansing. Just take your rugs out of your apartment and start shaking to eliminate unexpected dust, dirt, and debris. However, you may need helping hands to handle the big rugs properly. It’s the less costing and more effective way of cleaning the oriental rugs.
- Washing Rugs with Cold Water: For the finest and fair cleaning, washing is a widely used way to the thousands of users. The oriental rugs made from wool and silk largely absorb pet hair, food stains, and debris. Washing them with the mild-detergent mixed water, you can return the lively look of your rugs. Never forget to utilize the way in the shiny weather.
- Rinsing Rugs by Garden Hose: You can use the garden hose to clean your oriental rugs. Just hang the carpet side by side and spray cold water to wash deep spots, dust, and dirt. You need to continue spraying for a few minutes to have the saturated rugs.
- Spot Cleaning with Shampoo: Your rugs can lose its appearance due to small spills and spots caused by food items or something else. No matter, it’s removable through spot cleaning with shampoo mixed mild-hot water. You can purchase rug-cleansing shampoo from your nearby shops and complete the cleaning campaigning by yourself.
- Drying Rugs Thoroughly: Now, it’s all about the most crucial issue of washing rugs. It’s mandatory to dry the wet rugs properly under sunshine to avoid mold and mildew. Yes, sun-drying is pretty useful to keep the oriental rugs pest and germ-free. Drying under sunshine works as a natural disinfectant. So, never avoid the issue of healthy healing of your rugs.
What Should Take Under Consideration While Cleaning the Oriental Rugs?
When you aren’t a professional cleaner and wish to confirm flawless complete rug cleaning, you should consider some important issues. Obviously, none like to leave any damage or harm to the rugs while cleaning. Therefore, follow the tips as below:
- Never put in the Too Hot Water: The cotton and synthetic made oriental rugs cannot adjust with highly hot water. Therefore, it can mar the color, shape, and overall design of your lovely rugs. Try to use mild-hot water if it’s needed.
- Never Shake Alone: If you want to clean your rugs just shaking, take the help of someone else. Otherwise, it can get torn off from any side while shaking. And never do the job with hasty fashion.
- Never Put Under Direct Sunlight: As your rugs are of cotton and silk materials, they cannot tolerate the direct sunshine. And it can cause remarkable damage of the overall image of our oriental rugs.
- Never Use Harmful Chemicals: Talk with the professional rug cleaners before using any chemicals for cleaning your carpet. Never use such chemicals that can damage the color, shape, and durability of your rugs.
- Avoid Washing Regularly: Cleaning with cold or hot water within regular intervals can affect the rug’s overall elasticity, color, and design. And such complete cleaning with water without proper drying can create harmful mildew and pest inside.
Some Frequently Asked Questions-FAQs for Further Learning
Here, we have produced some good-researched frequently asked questions to enrich your knowledge regarding caring and cleaning the rugs. Let’s find them.
Should I wear shoes on rugs?
For ensuring fair looking and longevity your rugs, you should avoid using outdoor shoes on the rugs. It will hold an appealing appearance for a longer period.
When to have the professional cleaning method?
Right, you should go through the professional cleaning technique when you cannot regain or sustain the original looking your oriental rugs.
How to remove odor from rugs?
You can use vinegar’s acidity and talcum powder to eliminate unexpected odor from your oriental rugs.
The Final Verdict!
For aesthetic looking, over the centuries, people have been using the oriental rugs. With colors, design, shape, and availability, this particular interior item has conquered millions of hearts across the world. Over time, the cleaning techniques have also changed.
Some love using manual methods, and some are happy with the modern one. You may try the ways mentioned above to revitalize your lovely oriental rugs. Have an enjoyable cleaning indeed!