The process of beating an addiction is a process that needs to be walked with the right people at your side. The detox program is just the first step of many to help you get victory over a life-threatening issue in your life. You will have a lot of questions about the process of beating addiction. You will have a lot of questions about what to expect when entering a detox program at a place like Ascendant New York. And these questions and levels of expectations are natural for a person entering a detox program to have. But here are some things that you can expect to happen when entering a detox program.
The concept of a detox program is patient-oriented. That means it will be molded to fit the patient’s exact situation and need based on the level of addiction that they are struggling with. But here are some things that you can expect regardless of the type of addiction you are struggling with.
- One of the first things that you can expect is a complete evaluation of your condition. There will be a packet that you will need to fill out to provide written details of your struggles. You will then be taken and given a full medical evaluation. During this evaluation, they will identify any symptoms that you will need help with. These symptoms may include anxiety, headaches, shakings, fatigue, irritability, lack of sleep, and even heart issues. Once these have been identified, the professionals will then formulate a plan of attack to help you beat these symptoms.
- The next step that you be taken is determining if you qualify for an inpatient or an outpatient program. An inpatient program will require you to live at the facilities until the completion of your program. In this instance, you will be provided a place to live and everything you need to live at the center.
- You will also be set up to meet with the various people that will be involved in your victory over the addiction. You will meet with your doctors and nurses. You will meet with all counselors and teachers that will provide you with the skills to avoid triggers and to care for yourself once you leave the program.
- An inpatient detox program will mean a set daily schedule. This means that you will be expected to follow a set schedule and to stick to it. You will be encouraged to stay the course, so you can maximize your chances of having victory over your addiction struggles.
- Once you have completed the program, you will be released to a life free of addiction. But you will not be left alone. You may be required to report back periodically to show how successful your program was.
Your future is on the line when you enter a detox program. Every person that is involved in your path to victory knows the importance of seeing you succeed. If you have other questions, then you will want to contact your local center today.