We live in a world where most of us spend a good deal of time in front of a computer screen or a smartphone. The current social isolation has also forced most people to become more tech-dependent. These digital devices emit blue light, which can affect your eyes. Blue light strains your eyes, interrupts the flow of melatonin and circadian rhythm. Fortunately, Blue Light Blocking Glasses are here to help you prevent these effects. Read on to discover why you should invest in designer blue light blocking glasses.
1. Reduce Eye Strain. Besides neck pains and carpal tunnel syndrome, spending time in front of a screen can also cause eye strain. Computers and smartphones emit bright blue light, which causes blurred vision, watery eyes, redness, puffy eyes, and headache. Using designer blue light blocking glasses protect your eyes from this light.
2. Slow Macular Degeneration. Research suggests that continued exposure to blue light may lead to macular degeneration later in life. Blue light penetrates your eye to the retina, damaging your retina and causing permanent loss of vision. Blue light blocking glasses ensures that your eyes stay healthy and protected.
3. Retina Migraine. Also known as ocular migraine, retinal migraine is a pain that attacks one eye. This pain is a result of muscular contraction in the blood vessels of your eyes. The pain may cause blindness or flashing light for up to an hour. Excessive blue light, eye strain, and lack of sleep contribute to the muscular contraction. If you use digital devices for long, blue light blocking glasses can help you avoid a retinal migraine.
4. Better Sleep. Staring at your screen for long hours, especially at night, can affect your circadian rhythm. Blue light slows or stops the production of melatonin, which is the chemical in your brain that tells your body it’s time to sleep. As such, blue light leads to the interference of your body’s natural cycle of sleep. Blue light blocking glasses prevent radiations even if you use your computer late in the evening or at bedtime.
5. Night Shift Workers. If you work during the night shift, study at night, or even use your digital device at night, consider investing in designer blue light blocking glasses. With these glasses, you no longer have to worry about eye strain, and you can work for long night hours.
6. Stylish Frames. Currently, glasses are among the most sought out accessories in the fashion world. Blue light blocking lenses come in multiple forms, such as half-rim, full-rim, or even rimless. With the availability of a massive collection of branded designer glasses for both men and women, you can order your blue light blocking glasses in any frame type that you want.
Spending less time in front of your screen may be the best solution. However, if you cannot stay away from your computer and smartphone, use blue light blocking glasses to help save your eyes. Do not worry about how you will look since you can select the easier to camouflage frames.