Ginger has a lot of nutritional benefits, and through its juicing, one could access all these nutrients. Some people even prefer to skip the coffee and drink this every before they start their day as it is very energizing. Through the use of a juicer, one gets to save some time to actually soak in the ginger juice greatness before they go about their day.
What is juicer?
A juicer is used to extract juice from fruits and vegetables by crushing, grinding, and squeezing the juice from the pulp. A juicer comes very beneficial as it increases one’s consumption and absorption of essential nutrients. They also come in handy for people who experience difficulty when eating vegetables due to their taste.
Ten ways how to use the juicer for ginger
- When using a juicer for ginger, one should wash the ginger through scrubbing the ginger through either your hands or a vegetable brush under running water. After washing the ginger, one should dry the ginger with either a dry cloth or paper towels.
2. Afterward, you should cut the ginger into small chunks for easier juicing.
3. Place either a cup or tumbler beneath the juicer’s spout then turn on the motor of the juicer as you insert the ginger chunks into the feed tube.
4. Ensure to push the chunks gently into juicer through the tube using a plunger.
5. You can also use a grater. After you have washed it thoroughly to remove dirt, you should dry it using a clean cloth.
6. After that, you should peel if the root happens to be shriveled and blemished, although this isn’t necessary.
7. Grate it with either a micro plane or a grater. After grating the ginger, one should strain/squeeze the ginger after placing it on a cheesecloth.
8. Another way is through blending the ginger to extract the juice. After washing and drying the ginger, one should cut the ginger into small thin slices for easier blending.
9. One is advised only to peel the ginger if it has blemishes or discoloration.
10. Put some water into the blender, but not too much as the juice would be less concentrated. You can decide to continue adding the pieces of ginger into the blender when the juice doesn’t have pulp. The pulp left in the blender should be strained through a cheesecloth until it becomes dry.
Frequently asked questions
- Do you need to peel ginger before juicing?
Yes, it is necessary to peel your ginger before juicing it especially if it’s either shriveled or inorganic.
- Which juicer is best for ginger?
The best juicer is the Hurom HP. This is because it doesn’t leave any wet pulp behind due to its efficiency and effectiveness. One gets a lot of juice from one small ginger.
- How can I juice ginger without a juicer?
There are two ways of extracting ginger juice from ginger without the help of a juicer. These two ways are either grating the ginger, then straining/ squeezing it through a cheesecloth, or using a blender to extract juice from it.
- What do you with the ginger pulp after juicing?
You can either boil it together with tea to get some nutritious beverage or use it for cooking or baking foods. Another way of using ginger pulp is by making broth.
- Can you put ginger through a juicer?
You need to slice the ginger into small chunks before putting it through a juicer.
- What vegetables should not be juiced?
Vegetables such as cabbage, kales, and broccoli should not be juiced as they might cause indigestion. These vegetables are better of either being cooked or blended,
The good thing about a juicer is that you can get the juice to be as concentrated as you would prefer. Hence you should use the juicer when you want some ginger juice. So long as you follow the instruction to the latter, your experience would be great.