Going Gluten-Free is not only trendy but also very healthy. Gluten-free is not just an option for those who have gluten intolerance or an allergy to gluten. It’s quite a trend and is catching on furiously. Using gluten-free products have scores of benefits to one’s health. After which you can learn how to make a sumptuous banana pudding dessert ideas.
Benefits of Gluten-Free Products:
- It improves one’s levels of Cholesterol
- Gluten-free products also promote good gut health and keep the digestive tract healthy.
- It increases one’s levels of energy
- Going gluten-free eliminates the use of any unhealthy foods or processed foods from one’s diet.
- You are most likely to start considering using healthier food options as snacks – fruits and vegetables.
- It also reduces the risk of contracting heart-related diseases, cancers and diabetes.
- The healthier you begin to eat – it shows on your immune system and then you become less perceptible to catching viruses and germs.
- Going healthy by choosing gluten-free items, it begins to show on your weight and you begin to lose weight healthily.
- It works well in assisting those with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and other gut-related ailments.
Recipe For Banana Pudding
Although this pudding can be made without the use of any Italian Gluten-Free Biscuits, they might not have any substance and girth to it without using these biscuits. So, here goes the recipe.
- Three-quarters of a cup of sugar (brown or white, as you prefer)
- One-quarter of a cup of all-purpose flour
- One quarter teaspoon salt
- 3 cups of milk (use plant-based milk)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 to 1.5 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 60 gluten-free Italian cookies ( either gluten-free honey biscuits or Italian ladyfingers gluten-free cookies )
- 4 ripe bananas (cut into pieces)
Also Read This: Try Some Exciting Italian Biscotti Cookies Recipes This Weekend
- Take a large saucepan, mix all the powder items – sugar, flour, and salt. Whisk the milk into it. Then cook this mixture over medium heat until it thickens and starts bubbling.
- Reduce the heat to a bare minimum and cook for 2 minutes and then remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Now, whisk the eggs in a small bowl and when it’s done, whisk little by little the cooked hot mixture into the eggs. Bring this mixture to a gentle boil and stir for 2 minutes. Now, remove the mixture from heat and add the vanilla extract and leave it to cool for 15 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Meanwhile, take an ungreased 8-inch baking dish that is square in shape and layer about 25 of those gluten-free Italian cookies and lay them in the dish. Now, layer the cookies with banana slices and about half of the pudding.
- Repeat this layering on top of this and press down a plastic wrap onto the surface of this pudding.
- Refrigerate this pudding for about 4 hours or leave it in the fridge overnight. Remove this plastic wrap before serving. If there are any more cookies left, crush it and sprinkle them on top of the pudding.
- Enjoy this yummy piece of pudding with friends and family.
- If you are pre-planning on making this dish for an event at your home or for taking away elsewhere. Or even if you are buying the ingredients for this recipe in advance and you want to avoid the bananas from over-ripening – pop these unpeeled bananas into the fridge. This will slow down the ripening process. They might start to look funky, but don’t mind that, they will taste amazing.
- If you don’t use a plastic wrap on the pudding top to cover it – it might lead to the formation of a skin on the pudding. Use the plastic wrap to avoid this at all costs.
- You could always go a little overboard with the decorations and flavors by adding a hot drizzle of peanut butter and chopped salted peanuts.
There is no way you won’t enjoy this yummy goodness! Leave your guests wondering what wonderful hosts you are with this dessert recipe.
Author: John Miller
Author Bio: John Miller is a pro-level blogger with years of experience in writing for multiple industries. He has extensive knowledge in business, Finance, Real estate, and many other popular niches. John has post-graduated in arts and has a keen interest in traveling. John holds a master’s degree in commerce.