Walls that are painted with plain colors look dull and boring. That is why most of us hang different kinds of decorations on our walls to give life to a room. If you are looking for a fun way to add style to your room, one of the perfect options is a canvas print. This is great, especially if you want to get creative and put a custom piece of art on your walls. It is also an eye-catching way to show off your favorite photos.
Canvas prints can help you brighten up any room at home, in the office, or maybe in your business space like a restaurant, salon, boutique, and more. Today, we are going to know more about canvas prints and how they can add style to every room.
What Is a Canvas Print?
There are times when canvas print is confused with canvas painting, but they are different from each other. A canvas print is a photo or imageprinted onto canvas by using an inkjet printer. After it is printed, it is then stretched onto a frame. But some people opt for a frameless border. They use the gallery-wrapping technique where the canvas is wrapped around the stretcher bars and secured to the frame.
Canvas is a durable fabric that is created with hemp. But in the present time, cotton and linen have replaced hemp. When you buy canvas prints for home use, most of them use cotton or polyester. The difference between the two is the exactness of the color.
In cloth made with cotton fibers, color seeps into it. In synthetic polyester strands, on the other hand,the color remains on the surface. With this, polyester prints are more vivid, but cotton prints are longer-lasting. Cotton prints usually have higher-quality, but polyester is a more affordable option and yields bold and colorful prints.
Types of Canvas Print Layouts
Canvas photo prints have different designs and choices vary depending on the space and layout of your wall. If you are thinking about putting some canvas prints on your walls, but you can’t decide what kind of canvases will work best for your room’s layout, then here are the types you can choose from.
- Single Canvas Prints
If you have a smaller space in your home, office, or anywhere you will place the canvas prints, then single canvases are a great choice. You can also choose a large, statement piece for your small room because more than one canvas print can make the room feel crowded.
- Multi-Panel Canvas Prints
If you have a spacious room to decorate with canvas prints, then a multi-panel layout is perfect for you. If you have larger wall space in your room, then you can use 2, 3, or even up to 10 canvas prints. With a multi-panel canvas print layout, you will be able to create a beautiful style for your room.
Different Shapes and Sizes of Canvas Prints
Aside from the layouts, canvas prints also come in different shapes and sizes. If you are looking for the perfect canvas shape and size for your room, then here are some of the best choices you can make.
- Rectangle: Canvas prints that are rectangular usually have prints where two sides of the canvas are longer or shorter than the other two. If your walls have an uneven amount of space horizontally or vertically, this is a great choice. It is also excellent for filling spaces in asymmetrical layouts.
- Square: A square canvas print has equal lengths for each side. If you are aiming to create a grid layout on your wall or put up multiple canvases, this is a perfect choice.
- Hexagon: Hexagon canvas prints have six sides. It is a unique shape for canvas prints and will work great if you are decorating a special space. It can also blend in well as a grouped piece in a honeycomb-like pattern of canvas prints.
- Mini Canvas Prints: If you want to fill small spaces around your house with your favorite photos, then mini canvas prints are perfect for you. These work very well in open gaps on your shelf, or you can also display them on your bedside table.
- Small to Medium-Sized Canvas Prints: If you want to create multi-canvas print layouts in a bigger room or space, or you want to fill smaller walls in your bedroom, then small to medium-sized canvas prints are excellent choices.
- Large and Oversized Canvas Prints: If you want to decorate a huge space with canvas prints, then you can opt for large or maybe oversized canvas prints. These work great with a family portrait or your favorite high-quality photo.
Creative Ways that Canvas Prints Can Brighten Up Any Room
Now that you know the different layouts, shapes, and sizes of canvas prints, we are also giving you some ideas on how they can brighten up any room. You can actually choose any good-quality photo with an excellent layout to be printed on canvas. To help you,here are some of the creative and popular themes of canvas prints you can choose from.
- Pop Art Portraits
If you want to turn your room into something colorful and quirky, then you can try and transform your favorite portrait into a Pop Art. This will make your photo, or maybe a photo of your pet into a comic style canvas print. It is indeed a fun and unique way to brighten any room https://guyhepner.com/artists/andy-warhol-art-prints-paintings/.
- Panoramic or Landscape Canvas Prints
If you love to travel and take photos of beautiful sceneries from different places, then you can put your stunning shots on display through a panoramic or landscape canvas print. This will surely remind you of your favorite places.
- Inspirational Quotes
You can also have some inspirational quotes printed on canvas. Aside from brightening your room up, they can also help you feel motivated everyday whenever you read them.
- Family Photo
One of the most popular themes for canvas prints is a family photo. You can get your holiday family portrait printed on canvas to display on your living room wall.
If you have modern or minimalistic interiors, canvas prints with abstract designs are perfect for you. These will definitely help you brighten up any room in your home. Also be sure to look at an idea like polaroidfotobar.com as well.
Canvas prints are definitely one of the most creative ways to brighten up any room. They are not as expensive as paintings, and there are endless designs you can choose from or come up with yourself.