For most people, the week is mostly filled with lots of busy and hectic activities. They neither have time for themselves nor their loved ones. The more they work, the more their bodies accumulate too much stress. However, weekends provide great time to unwind and spend time with your family, especially your lovely little ones. What a great way to enjoy the weekend with them than to go fishing. And do you know what the best part is? Fishing can be done by any gender – it doesn’t have to be a boy or a girl’s work. Fishing is not restricted to culture or finance. Anyone can go fishing.
Fishing with your kids comes with a lot of benefits. Aside from the fact that it gives them a memorable experience and increases family connection, it also improves focus and coordination. This is a time where you disconnect from the daily hustles, technology, and other distractions. Your toddler can learn a lot fishing with you. That isn’t to state that it doesn’t come with its challenges. For small children, this activity can be difficult. As a parent, you will have to monitor their entire fishing adventure. To begin with, most parents have a tough time finding the right fishing pole for their small buddies.
In this guide, we have listed the best fishing poles for toddlers within the ages of one and three. These toddler fishing pole have unique features that will provide your kids with an awesome experience.
Our List Of Fishing Poles For Toddlers
1. Kid Casters JHKNGNTS1 No Tangle Fishing Rod
The Jimmy Huston No Tangle youth fishing pole is a 34″ rod with a 3.1:1 gear ratio reel and a 6 lb line. This fishing rod is ideal for your little ones as they can practice casting a plug or catching either a real or sponge fish. Kids can practice with this product in friendly fishing holes. There is a fish training lure that comes with the fishing rod. Once cast into the water, it instantly transforms to a big brightly coloured sponge fish.
Another notable feature is the presence of a pre-tied swivel that helps prevent the fishing line from twisting. There is also a safe plastic hook you can clip to training lures and casting plugs, and as well tie to the line.
2. Kid Casters Telescopic Paw Patrol No Tangle Fishing Rod/Reel Combo
This fishing rod/reel combo features a 29″ inline rod with a retractable length of 17″ that makes it easy to store. It also has a spin cast reel with 3.1:1 gear ratio and a 6 lb fishing line. This product is considered safe for your toddler as it has a safety hook, snap swivel to prevent fishing line twist, and a casting plug. Enjoy fishing with your kids as this fishing rod provides a tangle-free cast repeatedly.
3. Kid Casters Telescopic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle No Tangle Fishing Rod/Reel Combo Green
Just like the Kid Caster Telescopic Paw Patrol, this fishing rod/reel combo retracts to 17″ and extends to 29″. It also has one casting plug, one safety hook, a snap swivel, a spin cast reel with 6 lb line and a 3.1:1 gear ratio – all embedded in the package with dimension: 18.0″ L x 5.5″ W x 3.5″ H.
4. Zebco Fishing Dock Demon Spinning Combo
You will find the South Bend Worm Gear Tackle Box in this fishing combo. Other features included in the package are:
- A sturdy 30-inch z-glass rod with a comfortable EVA foam handle for a firm grip.
- Pre-spooled with 6-lb line
- Line capacity up to 135 yards/6-lb mono
- Ball bearing drive, changeable left/right handle retrieve
At such a tender age, it would be safe to get a toy fishing pole for your toddler; this will give him a simulation of real fishing. Casting a real pole at that age will be extremely difficult for your child. However, with a toy fishing pole, your kid has an illusion that he is fishing with you.
5. Catch & Count Magnetic Fishing Rod Set
Your children will definitely love the Catch & Count Magnetic Fishing Rod Set as it provides number-learning fun for them while they cast their lines and reels, time after time. Its big blue net bag also represents a pond in which toddlers can place the numbered fish. The worm-spinner provides a two-player game for kids to catch the lucky fish with an indicated number.
Lower the line to catch the magnetic fish by turning the reel in one direction. As soon as the fish clicks with the line, turn the reel in the other direction to pull it up. This is an interactive game for toddlers as they keep reeling and catching the magnetic fish till there are none left in the net bag. The player with the highest number of catches wins the game.
Catch & Count Magnetic Fishing Rod Set comes with two magnetic rods, ten brightly-coloured number fish, and a three-way game play. This helps teach your kids how to add, subtract, and count numbers, as well as match identical colours. The fishing set will keep them engaged all through your fishing adventure. Here are what to expect when you open the package:
- A set of two wooden, magnetic fishing rods for catching the magnetic numbered fish
- The magnetic rods have strong fishing strings and functional wind-up reels
- Each pair of the fish is numbered the same (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- The spinner has a worm design dial
- A blue net bag for storing the fish and also doubles as a play mat
- Alternate games – counting, colour-matching, addition, and subtraction
- 10 magnetic fish – 2 blue, 2 purple, 2 orange, 2 green, and 2 red
- The rods have dimensions of 17.25 x 3.25 x 1.75 inches each
- The fishing rods are made of strong wood and metal materials, providing durability
- Extension activities and a detailed game instruction manual are included as well
Having this game promotes focus, fine motor skills, and number learning. Your kids can enjoy fishing and number learning at the same time.