Overview: A CCIE Data Center
A CCIE Data Center is also known as Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Data Center. Its expert is capable of planning, designing, management as well as implementation of the complex modern IT data center functioning.
What Does A Professional Or Expert CCIE Data Center Do?
The skilled certified expert will have a good understanding about the requirements of data centers and device layouts. The expert should have fully knowledge of Layers connectivity, storage networking, automation, orchestration, fabric infrastructure and planning network services. The CCIE Data Center professional will examine the developing technologies and their effect on the architectural framework, deployment models, implementation, and operations.
Other Expertise Of CCIE Data Center Professional:
- The CCIE Data Center professional maintains the data center virtualization with the Cisco security system.
- The CCIE Data Center professional has to implement data center application high accessibility and load balancing
- In addition with the fiber channel protocol, it is the Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Data Center professional who is must be familiar with the SAN environment.
- They will implement LAN and SAN connectivity in the computing environment.
- They have to recognize and determine fused computing issues and safeguarding the tasks.
- They have a good perceptive about the Fiber Channel protocol and the SAN environment.
- The CCIE Data Center certified expert is responsible for all computer server resources and management tasks.
- The professional must maintain and monitor high availability in a unified computing environment.
Requirements And Qualifications
There are no formal requirements for CCIE certification, you should have knowledge about the exam topics and if you have eight years of job experience before attempting certification, you should be preferred. Candidates must first pass the CCIE Data Center Written Exam, and then the equivalent CCIE Data Center Lab Exam.
CCIE Data Center Written Exam
You must pass the two hour written qualification exam covering concepts and equipment related to data center networking infrastructure, prior to eligible to schedule the lab exam.
CCIE Data Center Lab Exam
CCIE Data Center Lab exam has two parts of 8 hours that tests the skills of candidate in diagnosing, configuring, troubleshooting and managing a complex data center topology. The candidate must take a first attempt of the CCIE lab exam within 18 months after passing the CCIE written exam.
The CCIE Data Center job involves taking care of the direction-finding protocols as well as other features. The certified expert will categorize and determine any problem associated to Layer 3 Overlay Protocols. The professional will handle the multicast protocols and monitoring services. The CCIE Data Center professional also develops the features of the data center networking system.
The Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert or CCIE Data Center professional must have a bachelor’s degree in:
- Information Technology,
- Computer Science,
- or any related field.
Candidates with previous work experience will have more chance over the other candidates. Some employers have a preference of individuals with a master’s degree or a particular specialization.