Canada’s most famous attraction – the Canadian Rockies
The Canadian Rockies tour is the most scenic tour offered in Canada. You are able to see the majestic mountains along with the beautiful lakes as you travel along on the deluxe Canadian Rockies Train. The Rocky Mountaineer train conducts this trip and it travels to Jasper through the majestic Canadian Rockies. When you take your vacation in Canada, the Canadian Rockies is the most awesome trip that you will ever take.
Rocky Moutains, Canada – A Walking Travel Tour – 1080 HP
There are many wonderful things to see and places to visit all along this trail which most people prefer to go by train but you can drive along the way and stop at some of the small towns that are all along the way. You will want to stop at the waterfalls, perhaps fish out of the rivers, and lakes, or stop to view more scenic wonders along the trail. In some of the areas, there are special events that you can enjoy with the towns people. You will most certainly want to eat the foods that are prepared in the original authentic Canadian style. You can enjoy some of the artifacts along the way or perhaps you just would like to shop in many of the quaint little shops.
Some more fun things to do in and ’round the Rockies
Aside from the usual sightseeing, skiing, snowboarding and hiking on the mountains, there are a lot of more cool things the Rockies has to offer. Make most of your Rockies tour while you’re there for a memorable experience. Check out some of them below.
- Mountain Biking – summer is the perfect season to do biking in the Rockies, and rentals can be found anywhere in sight. The most popular biking meccas is the Whistler resort, as well as Rossland’s Seven Summits Trail
- Zipline – if you’re feeling like you want some thrill ala James Bond while the spectacular mountainous background will literally take your breath away, there are a few zipline spots within the area. Some of them features several zip lines that drops an equivalent to incredible 20 stories! Ziplines are both available in the summer and winter months.
- Bungee jumping – if you’re a fan of extreme sports, the Rockies will never lack of such sports activities. There’s one bungee jumping spot near the Whistler resort where you will fall an insane 160 ft into a river.
- Kayaking or canoeing – what better way to enjoy and appreciate the natural beauty of the Rockies than boating your way in calm and pristine lakes. Fortunately there are a lot of rentals found near the mountains, and most of those rentals offer cheap rates.
- Whitewater rafting – if kayaking is not enough for you and you really itch to hit the river rapids, the Rockies offer many of the best rivers suitable for the dangerous but thrilling river rafting. There are many rafting spots such as the one near the Banff National Park.
Canadians are famous for their many festivals and street fairs. You are able to take part in these special events making your tour of the Canadian Rockies even more pleasant. You will surely enjoy your festival days with all the music, parades, and other activities that have been planned. You are able to watch and enjoy with your family and in some cases, you can even join in on the excitement by participating in the festivals.
The hotels that are along the way are kid friendly providing waterparks for the enjoyment of the children and most of the hotels offer a large Ferris Wheel that is fun for the whole family. You can enjoy your stay with all the comforts of home. The restaurants are also kid friendly with many of the foods that children enjoy. You no longer need to worry about eating problems with all the luxury that is found in the many restaurants. The fast food restaurants are available that are found in America. You are able to find many Canadian fast food restaurants where you can enjoy the same kind of foods that the whole family will enjoy eating.
Calgary to the Canadian Rockies Fall Travel
- The Canadian Rockies Guide | Canada Travel | Rough Guides
Rising with overwhelming majesty from Alberta’s rippling plains, the Canadian Rockies are one of the main reasons people come to Canada, and few North
- Rocky Mountains travel guide – Wikitravel
Open source travel guide to Rocky Mountains, featuring up-to-date information on attractions, hotels, restaurants, nightlife, travel tips and more. Free and reliable advice written by Wikitravellers from around the globe.