Dating sites are becoming more and more popular every year. This is a place where you chat with people, start relationships, and start a family if you’re lucky. At the moment, there are more than a few dozen such sites in the network: choose the one you like. You can read a fuckbook review to meet and have a great time with a nice person.
We began to communicate less in real life due to lack of time, and sometimes just because of our laziness. We sometimes do not want to look after ourselves to look attractive. And it is not always easy to organize a trip somewhere far away if a person does not live in our area.
And in general, conventional methods of dating: in a cafe, on the street, in the subway, in the store, and other public places are no longer relevant. The Internet is another matter. Both young people and older people spend a lot of time there. That`s why dating websites become very famous last few years. Craigslist is a much-known platform and is believed to be a reliable resource for finding a partner and offers an array of benefits to users. For example, on Craigslist Dalas you can post and navigate your online classifieds and become a successful online dater. So, what are the differences between these two ways of dating, what are the advantages and disadvantages of each of them? This article will tell you about the pros and cons of online and real-life dating.
Pros and cons of online dating
What is good about dating sites? At least the fact that there is always the possibility of posting information about your personality and anonymous communication. You can write your weight, height, social status, personality traits, and hobbies in your profile if you wish.
If you don’t want to tell too much about yourself, you don’t have to do it. Chat without giving any details about yourself. The advantages of dating sites include the following:
- You don’t have to answer a person immediately. You always have time to think before you answer.
- The absence of any obligations to a new acquaintance. For example, if you are an introvert and desire to share your thoughts with someone – internet communication is what you need. After all, those people who surround you in everyday life can not always be good interlocutors.
- A wide circle of contacts always provides some new impressions, sometimes useful information, and a certain experience. You will find benefit from such communication in any case.
- You risk nothing by communicating virtually. And in a real meeting, it is difficult to predict how it may end. You don’t know what a person is thinking and what he wants. Such a meeting can even lead to a tragedy in the end. And on the Internet, there is no such danger.
- You don’t need to worry about your appearance, at least until you agree with your new friend to meet in real life.
- You have the opportunity to go offline at any time. Even if someone is offended by such an act, in any case, you may not see him at all again. And he will not have the opportunity to complain to you about it.
Among the disadvantages of online dating is the high probability that a pervert or even a scammer may be behind the appearance of a decent person. After all, it is absolutely impossible to guess who exactly is on the other side of the monitor. It is necessary to choose your circle of contacts carefully, even here.
In addition, constant virtual communication contributes to a gradual loss of real communication skills. This is a proven fact, and there is a possibility that you may develop a fear of real people. Therefore, we advise you to go out for meetings with friends at least sometimes.
Advantages and disadvantages of dating in real life
But what happens in real life? And how does real dating compare to virtual dating? Let’s find out together. Let’s start with the pros of real communication. Here are the two most important:
- In real life, you see immediately what a person is. You can immediately assess his appearance and decide whether you like him or not purely visually. On the Internet, you can only have an idea of the person from his photo. On the other hand, online video chats are also a kind of visual perception of the person. So we can say that such communication is the closest to a live version.
- In face-to-face communication, you have the possibility of tactile interaction, which brings you very quickly closer to a stranger and makes the conversation more open and sincere. The Internet does not provide such an opportunity. Unless – to touch the screen of the monitor, where the photo of your interlocutor is opened in the browser.
There are a lot of other advantages of real dating, but they are so obvious and known to many people that it probably makes no sense to continue. Let’s better look at their main disadvantages:
- When meeting in real life, you almost always need to look for some cozy place to meet in cold weather. Whereas if you were dating online, you are always on the other side of the screen in a cozy home chair and feel absolutely no tension or excitement.
- Men need to spend money on flowers, surprises, and gifts, which you will never have to do in virtual dating: only free downloaded beautiful cards and the same virtual heart-shaped gifts, bouquets, and something else.
- Women need to clean up, which means the cost of a hairdresser and beauty salon. And a man should spend as much on more or less decent clothes if he does not have any. And with virtual communication, you can sit at the computer in anything.
But even after studying in detail the advantages and disadvantages of different ways to meet people, you may ask: Where is the best place to meet people? The choice is yours. Evaluate for yourself what is more suitable for you. The Internet, of course, removes absolutely all the boundaries. Here you can even get acquainted with famous people, which in real life can not be done. But at the same time, of course, we should not forget about real meetings. They can add more impressions to your life.