Whey protein may be the king of fitness supplements. It is practical, easily accessible, and fundamentally essential – perhaps that is why it is such a popular product. For many, whey protein is the first supplement they reach for to enhance their fitness nutrition. It also forms the foundation in several fitness stacks, meeting a wide range of nutritional needs.
Perhaps the most delightful attribute of whey protein is its versatility. Did you know that you can use protein powder in more than protein shakes? The supplement lends itself well to adding to some of your favourite foods. This way, you can fulfil your protein needs while indulging in delightful dishes throughout the day.
If you are intrigued by the prospect of making your meals more nutritious and beneficial simply by adding one ingredient, then you must give these recipes a try.
Lemon And Blueberry Protein Coffeecake
Who says you have to give up breakfast pastry entirely? With this coffee cake, you can have a slice while remaining confident that you are not throwing your nutrition off track.
You will need:
- 1½ cups oat flour.
- 1 cup blueberries (they can either be fresh or frozen).
- ½ cup protein powder, vanilla flavoured.
- ⅓ cup almond meal.
- 3 teaspoons baking powder.
- ⅓ cup baking stevia.
- ½ teaspoon salt.
- ½ teaspoon baking soda.
- 1 tablespoon flax meal mixed with 3 tablespoons hot water.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest.
For the topping:
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar.
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- ½ mashed banana.
- 2 teaspoons quick oats.
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds.
- Preheat the oven to 1800C or 3500F, then prepare a pie dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Pour the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix. Add the blueberries to the dry ingredients and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the wet ingredients and stir.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold together until combined. Pour the batter into the pie dish.
- Mix all the topping ingredients before sprinkling them over the cake batter.
- Place in the oven to bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
You may enjoy this cake with your morning coffee or as a snack during the day. The recipe is available here.
Healthy Carrot Cake Quinoa Loaf
This particular recipe is meant to lift you out of the pits of despair where you previously had to eschew all thought of dessert. This loaf captures the desire for good carrot cake, mixes it with a combination of healthy ingredients, and elevates you to a cloud of enjoyable delight that will surely put a smile on your face. What’s more, it is so easy to make that you can bake it in a microwave!
- ½ cup grated carrots.
- 1½ tablespoons protein powder.
- ½ cup unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk.
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce.
- 1 teaspoon orange zest.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 4 packets natural sweetener.
- ⅛ teaspoon salt.
- ½ cup quinoa flakes.
- Coat a mini loaf pan with cooking spray and set it aside.
- Mix the carrots, orange zest, almond milk, cinnamon, applesauce, salt and sweetener in a bowl.
- Once thoroughly mixed, add your protein powder and stir. Next, stir in the quinoa flakes and incorporate them into the mixture.
- Once the batter is ready, pour it into the greased loaf pan. Tap the pan on the surface to make the top flat, then place it in the microwave.
- Cook for approximately 6 minutes or until the surface is firm when you tap it.
- Cool before serving.
See? Easy and delicious. You can find the recipe here.
Protein-Packed Vanilla Swappucino
This drink allows you to step away from conventional protein shakes and smoothies without sacrificing taste and, more importantly, the benefits of extra protein in your morning drink.
- 1 scoop whey protein powder, preferably vanilla flavoured.
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- 1½ teaspoons of instant coffee granules.
- 1 cup ice cubes.
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Combine the coffee granules with ¼ cup of hot water in a glass or mug. Stir until the granules dissolve.
- Transfer the coffee into a blender, then add the remaining ingredients.
- Blend on a high setting until the mixture is fully processed. Stop and stir if need be.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.
Find the recipe here.
These three recipes are just a sampling of the healthy delicacies you can create when you incorporate whey protein powder in your cooking. The tub of protein powder in your kitchen now opens up a world of possibility.
There are numerous creative ways you can enjoy having whey protein. Don’t hesitate or delay attempting to recreate any of the innumerable recipes available on the internet. In doing so, you get the best of both worlds: you can savour the many treats as part of your healthy diet rather than a deviation from it.