Careprost is a brand of Bimaprost that is manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited. It contains Bimaprost as its main ingredient. Applied as eye drops, the ophthalmic solution treats high pressure in the eye. If left untreated, the eye pressure continues to increase and can lead to glaucoma. This condition can also degenerate in such a way that the patient can lose their ability to see. As a medication, patients with high eye pressure can use the drug alone or in combination with other eye solutions.
How do Careprost eye drops work in the eye?
Careprost eye drops are usually applied to the eye to improve pressure in the aqueous humour. This is a very important part of the eye that helps ensure clarity in vision. However, when the fluid in the eye becomes too much, this increases the eye pressure. When applied Careprost eye drops increase the creation of an increased number of aqueous humor. This causes the pressure in the eye to be reduced.
It is advisable to consult with your healthcare provider for personalized instructions and recommendations on how to use Careprost, as they may vary based on individual factors and the specific condition being treated.
To apply Careprost ophthalmic solution, utilize the applicator brush provided. Start by applying a single drop to the upper eyelid, avoiding the lower eyelash line. For optimal outcomes, it is recommended to apply the solution before going to bed, preferably at night.
After consistently applying Careprost eye drops on the upper eyelids, noticeable changes can be observed as early as four weeks from the initial application. The maximum and most visible results typically occur between 12 to 16 weeks of continuous use. To maintain longer and fuller eyelashes, it is advisable to continue applying Careprost 2 or 3 times a week, ensuring the same desired results for an extended period.
If the usage of Careprost is discontinued, it is expected that your eyelashes will gradually revert to their previous appearance over a period of several weeks to months. However, while consistently using Careprost, your lashes will continue to grow without the typical shedding process. Once the desired full length is achieved, it is possible to maintain the results by applying Careprost 2-3 times per week for maintenance purposes.
- It is essential to store this ophthalmic solution in a cool and dry location, ensuring that the temperature remains below 25 degrees Celsius.
- To prevent contamination, always replace the bottle’s lid securely
- It is advised to discard the eye drop bottle within four weeks of opening to maintain its effectiveness.
- Additionally, you can conveniently purchase medicines from our e-pharmacy at any time and from anywhere for your convenience.
Does careprost cause eye irritation?
When it comes to side effects, Careprost has several which include eye irritation. The medication contains Bimaprost as its main ingredient. This is a medically active ingredient that helps in treating eye pressure. When applied, Careprost can irritate the eyes. In addition, it can also cause redness, discomfort, or itching. Apart from eye irritation, Bimaprost can also make eye vision blurred. When eye irritation does occur, patients need to consult their doctors.
Side effects of taking Careprost
Careprost eye drops also come with other side effects of the eyes. On application of Careprost eye drops, you usually have several side effects apart from irritation. These include:
- The eyelashes may become denser
- The eyes may begin to swell
- The eye may become red
- Feelings of itching or burning in the eyes
- Discharges from the eye
- Changes in the colour of the eyes
- Blurred vision
Who should avoid Careprost?
While Careprost eye drops are known for several side effects like eye irritation, some people should avoid the medication, People who are pregnant should avoid the medication. In addition, breastfeeding mothers should also avoid the medical solution due to the risks involved. In addition, Careprost eye drops should be avoided by people who are allergic to the ophthalmic solution. When it comes to using the medication, people should stop the dosage and seek medical attention if they notice the following symptoms such as:
- Breathing difficulty
- Severe dizziness
- Swelling/Itching of the eyes, throat, tongue, or face.
- Skin rashes
Pros and Cons of Careprost: –
- The efficacy of this product in enhancing eyelash length, darkness, and fullness has been well-established.
- Notably, it is suitable for individuals aged five years and older, including children.
- Additionally, an advantageous aspect is its availability as a lower-cost generic option, making it more accessible to a wider range of individuals seeking this treatment.
- It may take several months to observe the complete effects of the medication, as its benefits typically become noticeable over time.
- However, it’s important to note that the effects cease once the usage of the medication is discontinued.
- Another aspect to consider is that there is a potential risk of permanent darkening of the eye color associated with its use.
- Furthermore, some individuals may find it challenging to use the medication correctly, requiring careful attention and adherence to proper application techniques.
Careprost is an eye care solution that begins kicking in 4 hours after application. The medication when taken can stay effective for about 24 hours. Before administration, it is important to get a prescription from the doctor. While the eye drop solution is not known for habit-forming, certain people are not recommended to take the drugs. The medication must be taken in moderate amounts to avoid extreme side effects.