Atlantic City is a resort city located in Atlantic County in New Jersey. It is a popular place due to its casinos, beaches, and boardwalk. This is why it’s a paradise for all of those looking to try their luck on the casino floor or party all night. There are also lots of other things you can do in Atlantic City like trying out different restaurants, swimming, and more for a great time when you visit.
If you are planning totravel to Atlantic City and you’re looking for tips on how to get around and what things to see and do, then you’re in the right place. If it’s your first time travel there and you’re feeling nervous, no worries becausetoday, we are going to give you some of the best tips for visiting Atlantic City in New Jersey.
Traveling to Atlantic City
If youare traveling to Atlantic City from within the United States, then there are airlines that provide affordable airfare. It means that you don’t have to worry that much about the cost of flying to the city. If you are traveling on a budget, one of the best things you can consider is the date of your flight. It’s because the price of airfare depends on supply and demand. If they have sold a lot of tickets, then it’s likely that the price will cost higher, and much less if they haven’t. It’s also ideal to book your flight for two to three weeks in advance to get a better price.
Also, it’s better to book your flight on a weekday, because there are lots of people who travel on Friday and Saturday. Well, except if you have a special event to attend to like conventions and concerts.
If you are coming from any major city on the East Coast, such as New York, Philadelphia, and D.C., you can hop a train to Atlantic City. And once you arrive in Atlantic City, there’s a free shuttle bus service that will take you to your hotel from the centrally-located train station.
Getting Around the Atlantic City
Once you arrive in Atlantic City, consider other modes of transport instead of driving around because parking is very expensive here. You can consider riding buses to get around, especially if you are going to the casinos. If you are traveling with a big group, you can choose to ride in style by going on a limo ride. This can be a cheaper option than taking a cab.
If you are staying on the Boardwalk, you can get around and see a lot of sights just by walking around. Even when it rains, you’ll still be able to go to casinos via covered walkways from most places. There are also lots of taxi cabs in Atlantic City, and they are affordable. It is a great option if you want to explore other places outside the Boardwalk.
You can also take advantage of the public transportation system here called jitneys if you’re on a budget. Atlantic City has four jitney routes and only charges around $2 per trip. You also have the option to rent a car, but it is not very advisable as the city is so small.
Things to Do in Atlantic City
If you are planning your itinerary for your Atlantic City trip, here are some of the suggestions we can give on the places you can visit and things you can do there:
- Visit Casinos: Casino games and poker are the most popular activities for tourists who visit the city. However, unlike Las Vegas, there are no legal sports betting here yet. Some of the casino games you can enjoy are slot machines, roulette, craps, and poker, to name a few. If your relaxing and looking for something fun to do without hitting the casinos the you can also check out Online Slots in NJ for great betting options in this online casino.
- Go to the Boardwalk: The Boardwalk in Atlantic City is the first boardwalk in the USA. It is about four miles long, where multiple attractions can be found, including restaurants, casino resorts, museums, and shopping spots. One of the popular shopping spots you can visit on the boardwalk is the Quarter at Tropicana. It is an indoor shopping mall that has more than 40 stores in it. There are also other malls and shops there that you can visit, as well.
- Spend Time at the Beach: On the East Coast, Atlantic City is probably the most popular beach destination. It means that there are lots of beach activities to enjoy here. There are also different areas of the beach that are designated for different activities. For example, if you love to surf, then you can go to Delaware Avenue Beach or Downtown Beach. If you like to go kayaking or windsurfing, then you can go to Jackson Avenue Beach. For those who love fishing, the jetties on Maine Avenue is the best choice
- Visit the Atlantic City Art Center: The Atlantic City Art Center is located on Garden Pier on the Boardwalk. It features different exhibits of paintings, sculptures, and photographs, depending on what events are happening on the date of your visit. The art center is open 7 days a week from 10am to 4pm.
- Go to the Garden Pier: The Garden Pier is also a lovely spot to visit in Atlantic City. You can find there are huge concert stand and as well as a beautiful garden and fountain in the middle. It is a great place to take photos with your friends and family.
- Drop by the Atlantic City Historical Museum: When you go to the Garden Pier, you can also see there the Atlantic City Historical Museum. It is free to go inside, and you can also have a quiet time there, perfect if you are taking a break from the casinos. This museum features multiple exhibits that change, but it also has one permanent exhibit called “Atlantic City: Playground of the Nation.” You can drop by this museum daily from 10am to 5pm.
- Try Different Foods: If you are looking into tasting different foods when you visit Atlantic City, then Restaurant Week is the perfect activity for you. It will enable you to try special menus at a wide variety of restaurants. This event is held in mid-March annually. Most of the restaurants that participate in this event are found on the Boardwalk. Some of them include Kwi Noodle House, Capriccio, Guy Fieri’s Chophouse, and Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill. If you aren’t be able to catch this event, you can still enjoy lots of foods on buffets and midnight meal specials. If you’re on a budget, you can also try some quick-service restaurants in the city.
These are some of the best tips we can give for visiting Atlantic City, New Jersey. We hope these tips and recommendations will be able to help you on your upcoming trip to Atlantic City.