Munnar in Kerala is one of the popular tourist destinations in India due to its beautiful scenery spots and other things. It is the best place for those who want to celebrate their honeymoon and plan a vacation with others. Another thing about the place is it covers lot of tea estates allowing tourists to make their trip a memorable one. Located at a height of 1700 m above sea level, it is called as the “Kashmir of South India”. There are several things to explore in and around Munnar that exactly fulfils the expectations of visitors.
The Best resorts in Munnar are ideal one for those who want to make a pleasant trip with their family and loved one. However, it is necessary to know more about them in detail before planning a trip. Furthermore, they enable visitors to experience a world-class accommodation in a sophisticated environment.
Interesting places to visit in Munnar
1. Lakkam waterfalls
Lakkam waterfall is one of the must-see places in Munnar because it offers a visual treat to visitor. Moreover, tourists can cherish their memories after visiting the place. Tourists who want to plan 1-day trip to the waterfalls can select this place for experiencing more pleasure to a great extent. It is just 25 km away from Munnar allowing tourists to plan their trip accordingly.
2. Echo point
Echo point is a beautiful spot located 600 feet above sea level which is well-known for its unique echoing phenomenon. The place is a famous one for Neelakurinji flowers enabling tourist to enjoy the natural beauty. Tourists can even access wonderful landscapes, lush green hills, and other things.
3. Eravikulam National Park
Eravikulam National Park in Munnar is the best place for those who love wildlife because it covers a wide range of animal species and birds. Apart from that, the park provides ways to discover endangered species including Nilgiri Tahrs.
4. Mattupetty Dam
Mattupetty Dam is an excellent choice for tourists to relax their mind with others in a natural environment. It provides ways to enjoy the breathtaking views of the valley enabling tourists to witness more excitement. Besides that, tourists can enjoy trekking along the forests around the dam that offers more pleasure.
5. Pothamedu view point
Pothamedu view point is just 3 km away from Munnar which covers green hills, dense tropical forests, and other things. The view point is a perfect choice for weary travellers allowing them to plan a trip accordingly. Tourists can even take photographs to capture the stunning views.
6. Blossom Park
Blossom Park enables tourists to freshen up their mind in a natural environment. The park houses migratory water birds and mountain butterflies. It even has artificial lawns, fountains, and waterfalls enabling tourists to make their trip an enjoyable one.
7. Cheeyapara waterfalls
Cheeyapara waterfalls are a great picnic spot for tourists to relax their mind with their family. It even lets visitors find rare species of plants and animals. The waterfalls allow tourists to enjoy the panoramic views including flora and fauna.
Travel tips to Munnar
1. Munnar experiences a cool climate throughout a year and tourists should know the best time to visit the place. It is not advisable to visit the place from June to September. Visitors can visit Munnar from October to March. However, visitors should pack clothes which exactly suit the winter season.
2. The hill station is well-connected by roads and bus services are available for the tourists allowing them to reach the destination with ease.
3. Tour operators offer a variety of travel packages for visitors enabling them to select the right one depending on their requirements. At the same time, it is necessary to study them for choosing the right package.
4. Tourists should take a medical kit that contains some important medications that can help to manage minor health issues.
5. It is a wise one to approach the local tourist office in Munnar for knowing more about the attractions in detail. Furthermore, it gives ways to schedule a trip with family and others enabling tourists to ensure a complete entertainment.
6. Foreign nationals should carry important documents including identify cards while planning a trip to the place.
7. Visitors should follow the safety measures when they want to carry out trekking and other adventurous activities which ultimately help to overcome unwanted issues to a large extent.
8. Tourists should know the local tradition and culture before planning a trip to the place allowing them to mingle with people.
9. Since Malayalam is the language spoke in Munnar, tourists should learn some basics that can help to communicate with local people without any difficulties.
10. Visitors can even hire the local guides when they like to visit important places in and around the place which gives ways to avoid complications.
11. Some places in Munnar require permission from forest department to plan trekking and other outdoor activities with groups.
12. Tourists should take care of their belongings when they want to make a trip with family and groups.
Where to stay in Munnar?
There are many hotels which offer resort services in Munnar allowing tourists to schedule their trip depending on their needs. Those who want to book the best resorts in Munnar can get details about them from various sources including online. Nowadays, several hotel websites available for tourists allowing them to compare the prices while booking the rooms.
A hotel reputed website will guide visitors to schedule their trip in advance thereby showing ways to witness more pleasure and excitement. It even gives ways to select a package which exactly fit the requirements and costs of travellers. Tourists should read reviews of hotels and resorts online before booking a trip. In addition, it makes feasible ways to experience high level comforts in the staying process. Tourists can ensure a pleasant and memorable trip to Munnar after booking a hotel online. They can even cancel their reservation before 2 days to get the refunds as soon as possible.