Some people may have experienced difficulties playing songs on Apple Music. There can be various reasons why the playback bar does not appear when pressing a song. Here, I have compiled some possible causes and their respective solutions. Please feel free to use them as a reference.
Why can’t I play a song on Apple Music?
First, let me explain the possible reasons why you can’t play songs on Apple Music.
1. Not registered for Apple Music:
Apple Music does not have a free plan, so you need to make sure you have completed the registration process successfully and that your subscription is active.
2. Grayed out songs:
If a song is grayed out and cannot be played, there are three possible cases to consider.
- Shared playlist with iTunes Store songs: When searching for songs on Apple Music, you may come across shared playlists created by other users. These playlists can include songs purchased from the iTunes Store in addition to Apple Music subscription tracks. If you only have an Apple Music subscription and can’t play the songs, it may be because they are from the iTunes Store.
- Compilation albums with unreleased tracks: In compilation albums featuring multiple artists, unreleased tracks by certain artists will be grayed out. Even if the album information is displayed, you won’t be able to play those specific tracks.
- Pre-release music: Songs that are scheduled for release in the near future will be displayed on the search screen but appear grayed out and cannot be played. Additionally, if certain songs from an album are being released before others, all the remaining tracks may also be grayed out.
3. App or device malfunction:
It is possible that the Apple Music app or your device is experiencing technical issues. Make sure your device is up to date with the latest software version, has sufficient storage space, and isn’t experiencing any other problems that might affect Apple Music’s performance. Additionally, there could be issues with the app or servers that are preventing it from functioning properly.
4. Corrupted downloaded music files:
If the data for downloaded songs is corrupted, you won’t be able to play them. This can happen if the download fails due to a poor network connection. Delete the song from the library and try downloading it again.
5. Connectivity issues:
Apple Music may not be playing due to problems with your network connection. If songs haven’t been downloaded, they cannot be played offline. Therefore, check your Wi-Fi connection or device’s network settings.
6. Malfunctioning headphones or audio devices:
The issue might be with your accessories, such as headphones. Try disconnecting them from your device and see if the music plays without them.
These are the possible causes of why you can’t play songs on Apple Music. Make sure to check each one to troubleshoot the problem.
Convert Apple Music songs to MP3 for offline playback.
MusicFab Apple Music Converter
MusicFab アップルミュージック ダウンロード is recommended for solving the problem of being unable to play songs on Apple Music due to various restrictions. By using this software, you can download and convert songs to MP3 offline, allowing for smooth playback on any device.
MusicFab Apple Music Converter supports various output formats including MP3, M4A, FLAC, and WAV. It allows you to save songs downloaded from Apple Music as regular music files on your computer, so even if you unsubscribe from Apple Music or the song’s copyright expires, you can still play them. Additionally, you can freely transfer music files between devices and play the songs on any player.
If you are interested in this software, first download and install it on your Windows or Mac device.
What to do if Apple Music fails to play
Check if you are subscribed to Apple Music
To confirm that Apple Music registration process has been completed successfully, follow these steps:
- First, open the “Settings” app on your iPhone’s home screen and click on your Apple ID name and icon.
- Next, click on “Subscriptions”.
- Finally, click on “Apple Music”. This will allow you to check if you are subscribed to Apple Music and which plan you are subscribed to.
Verify simultaneous playback on other devices
Apple Music has limitations on simultaneous playback based on the plan you have.
If you have an individual or student plan, you won’t be able to play music simultaneously on multiple devices. Check if you can play music on other devices using the same Apple ID.
If you have a family plan, you can play music on up to 6 devices simultaneously. If you can’t play music, make sure you haven’t exceeded the device limit of 6.
Try on other devices or browsers
Apple Music can be used on devices other than smartphones. It is compatible with PCs, iPads, Apple Watches, and other devices where you can sign in with your Apple ID. If you have multiple devices, try playing music on other devices to see if it works.
Update the app and OS to the latest version
If an update is available for the Apple Music app, try updating it. It is also recommended to keep the app and the operating system up to date at all times.
Update your app by opening the “App Store” and searching for “Apple Music”. Once you find it in the search results, select “Update” to complete the update.
Check the network connection
If Apple Music is not playing, it may be due to poor cellular or Wi-Fi connection. Check if there are any issues with your cellular signal or Wi-Fi connection.
Try playing music offline
Apple Music allows you to download music for offline playback. By trying to play music offline, you can determine if there is an issue with the Apple Music service itself or if it is related to the app or device.
Open the Apple Music app and click on “Library”. At the bottom, click on “Downloaded” to access the music that has been downloaded and can be played offline.
Reinstall the Apple Music app
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Apple Music app as another troubleshooting step.
Delete the app from your home screen and reinstall it from the App Store or Google Play.
Check device storage capacity
Installing Apple Music on a device with low storage capacity can lead to performance issues. Clear unnecessary files such as photos, videos, and data to free up storage space.
To check the device storage status:
- Open the “Settings” app and click on “General”.
- Next, click on “iPhone Storage”.
- Finally, you can see the available storage space on this screen by clicking on “Manage Storage”.
The above explains the causes and solutions for not being able to play Apple Music.
Not being able to play Apple Music songs is a common issue, so even if you suddenly can’t listen to music, don’t panic and analyze the cause before choosing an effective solution.
If you can’t resolve the problem of not being able to play Apple Music at all, I recommend using “MusicFab Apple Music Converter”. This tool allows you to directly convert Apple Music songs to MP3 music files and download them, so there’s no need to worry. If you want to know about アマゾンミュージック ダウンロード mp3, you can read this article.