There are many ways available at your disposal if you intend to sell your unwanted precious jewelry. Each method has its pros and cons. You have to look into the benefits of each technique before deciding which process you will choose. Selling your valuables is a challenging task. Hence, getting a powerful buyer requires your analysis of different aspects.
Getting the price of your fine jewelry and the bidding procedure excitement is a complicated procedure. The feeling of chalking out competition for your sparkling jewelry is not that easy. If you have jewelry pieces that you hardly require, then getting the preferable-money will be an option for you. Considering the selling process in an auction is a reliable option, it gives you the chance of getting more money than you will get if you melt it down. However, depending on the condition, the market, the auction house you select, you will get better positioned than others.
What are the areas you must contemplate before selling your jewelry in an auction?
Jewelry is an asset for an individual. Selling the same through the auction house has various pros associated with it. However, before you initiate the technique, take a quick look at the following points:
- Best return on the investment: When you choose to sell your valuable jewelry at the Pacific Auction House, it will allow you to increase the potential return on your investment. You may get the best prices and huge sales figures for your jewelry. You will gain exposure to various inferring buyers who will be bidding for your item. It can lead your jewelry to get swapped at a higher price than otherwise.
- Dependability: The trustworthiness and popularity of auction houses is a reason behind growing popularity. The reputation of these houses is a crucial reason why people choose this alternative. If you possess luxury watches and fine jewelry pieces accepted by the auction house, you increase your chances of getting potential buyers. It assures you of high prices and demand for your authentic item. Hence, you will potentially benefit from these returns and thereby get more currency.
- Marketing: The acceptance of your jewelry by the auction house is a crucial stage. The item gets spotted in the catalog, which then gets circulated among the audience. It significantly raises the demand for the item and the prices. Moreover, the entire responsibility of marketing the item goes by the auction house. Hence, you do not have to be worried about selling prices and other related aspects.
- Audience: Selling jewelry through an auction house is the fastest method available in the market. It is because you show your item to a vast audience who are engaged buyers. These individuals attend the auction and bid on the item as they are interested in buying.
- Legal: Most of the reputable auction houses are well-aware of the rules and regulations. It means that you do not have to worry about the illegal transaction. The fast process, high prices, and trustworthiness of these companies; are a primary reason behind their credibility. These added benefits are a crucial reason why you must choose an auction house. For washing your hands off your old jewelry items.
However, if you are looking at these auction houses, earn a note of their past performance, success rate, and professionalism. It will help you to choose the one which fulfills your obligations.
What if you want to buy jewelry by way of an auction?
Just like the technique of selling your jewelry by an auction house, the process of purchasing jewelry is an easy one. For this, you have to grab an understanding of the following points:
- Deal with the options catalog carefully: You have to check every page of the auction catalog for a detailed description of the items. From the estimated selling price to the jewelry piece description, it has it all. Moreover, sometimes they provide information about the manufacturer list and market prices. In case you are interested in an older piece, you have to research it and find out the current selling price.
- Try to evaluate the piece: Do not be afraid of inspecting the piece and examine every detail of the jewelry. When you are buying an older chunk, it requires a more detailed understanding. You have to consider the design, craftsmanship, scarcity, demand, color, size, and condition. However, you do not require a professional appraisal for this purpose. Your examination will do the task.
- Engage with the auctioneer: Look into every detail of what the auctioneer has to say about the jewelry piece. You may clear your doubts about the authenticity of the jewelry. You may ask for authenticity papers if you are interested in costly jewelry.
- Do not get over-excited in budding procedure: Get to know every detail of the agreement. If you get a refund, pay attention to it. Never try to indulge yourself in bidding excitement. However, it is very typical that you will develop a sense of excitement. However, you have to remain calm and look at every detail of the piece that you like.
- Look into the technique: If you choose to attend the auction alone, it is a dwindling strategy. Experts suggest that you take someone along with you who has experience in this field. You take the help of the digital platform.
Bidding on a digital platform has become a recent trend. Apart from this, there is a bidding process over the phone. Instead of waiting for hours to get your item, you need to call the auctioneer and get the matter solved. The person will tell you about the estimated selling price of the item. Also, the openings available at your disposal. You can clear all your doubts about your requirements and what you can propose. Moreover, you can ask the individual to provide you assistance and thereby jump into the bidding process.
- Absentee: Apart from this, there is something called absentee bidding. It is confidential, and you can get the highest price that you are planning for your item. You do not require to be available during the process and participate in the dealings. There is an increase in the number of absentee bidders because of work obligations. The process is thereby growing in prominence.
Jewelry auctions with their hot bidding war, shaking price tags, and outstanding pieces have become a recent trend. These days individuals do not look at other alternatives and go to an auction house to purchase costly jewelry.
Specific areas to assess before you become part of the auction cycle
People are curious and fascinated when they get to know about jewelry auctions. However, there are some surprising things you might be interested in about these jewelry auctions. These include the following:
- There is no restriction on who can attend these auctions: Auctions held at reputable auction houses do not have restrictions on the number of audiences. These are entirely open and free to the public. However, you have to keep a distinct high profile and auction terms and conditions in mind. If you are thinking of bidding at the auction, you have to register yourself in advance. You have to furnish proof of your identification and registration fees. However, it varies from one auction house to the other. On the other hand, some of them also require financial references and other related documents. Hence, grab a quick look at their website for reliable input.
- Becoming an auctioneer is not easy: If you are interested in auctions, it is demanding and stressful work. It is because the job is intense. For making your mark, there are various local auctioneering schools available. You have to get a certificate and t learn potential hacks about auctions. Moreover, you have to gain popularity in this field before coming out victorious.
- Each group takes a few minutes on average: You might think it requires more time. However, the reality is far from this. Each auction blocks for just two to three minutes before the item gets peddled. Keep in mind that the extended bidding in the entire auction history lasts for only sixteen minutes. It happened in the year 2011, and it was the longest bidding war between two parties.
- There is a 10% increment in bids: The auctioneer has the choice of deciding on the price. However, most auctions keep to a 10% increment. Good auctioneers these days quickly calculate the percentages and the increase in bids as per the situation and demand.
- You have to pay more if you win: Winning a bid requires you to pay more than the hammer price. Hence, you have to play the game calmly. Getting excited is very typical among bidders. However, you have to spare a look at your financial resources and the condition of the item you are purchasing before investing cash.
It comes without saying that auctioneers end up with high-quality items. It is because there is a set rule for every jewelry item to enter the auction house. Hence, the quality and upkeep of the jewelry need evaluation.