To find the right home in Denmark you need to know certain facts related to Danish homes. Most often new settlers in Denmark find it difficult to rent homes in the country as they aren’t aware anything in detail about Danish homes.
New settlers like University students and newly joined employees often prefer to have rented homes by associating with popular real estate firm like Vibe udlejning. They are providers of innumerable apartments in most areas of Denmark. You can with ease have renting ledige lejligheder Vestsjaelland once you contact the customer care officers of the firm.
Facts about Danish homes that make renting easier
- The size of the home is listed as a gross living area that includes all the spaces of the house. In simple terms, the area is measured by measuring the outer walls of the home. Hence, don’t think the living area of the rental home will be spacious.
- The apartment rooms are counted and not only the bedrooms as stated in the rental listing. Generally, in other countries, the apartments are listed as 1 or 2 bedrooms flat. However in Denmark, it is listed as a four or a five-room apartment. Only kitchen and toilet are excluded while counting the Danish house rooms.
- You will find some older apartments having sharing toilets as in earlier decades bathrooms and toilets were common to use by people staying in close by apartments. The rent is cheaper for such apartments. In dormitories and youth hostel the tenants have to share even the kitchen. However, for the accommodation is cheaper having shared utility rooms.
- Utilities like energy bill, gasoline bill, water bill and others aren’t included in the rental charges. The landlord or the landlady asks their tenants to pay the bills separately. In apartments, having common toilet and bathroom, there is fixed amount to be paid as utility charges. However, the landlord can ask the tenants to pay more if the bill exceed due to excess utilization by people living in the rented homes.
You can find cheaper well constructed homes for rent away from the busy city areas. It is quite easier to commute to centre of the city even if you stay in the outskirts as the roads are well connected. Hence, no worries if you are far away from the busy traffic roads of Denmark cities.
The steps involved in renting homes in Denmark
- You need to read every word written in the rental agreement before signing the document. You can have its translated version in English if it is written in Danish language.
- You need to pay the rental deposit money and couple of month’s rental payment to your landlord account before moving in the apartment.
- The landlord needs to maintain the home before handing over the keys of the house to their tenants. It will be beneficial to inspect the whole home in the presence of the home owner to know if there is any damage in the home. You make sure there is written document mentioning all the details of the home while you did its inspection in the presence of house owner. This way, you can evade any trouble related to maintenance of the home later on when you vacate.
Enjoy renting home in Denmark region without any hassle.