With such an upsurge in data, employees need to sift through so much information daily. A lot of time, resources, and energy gets wasted in this process, which could be utilized better for development. A work environment allows the team to implement changes quickly and accurately while self-organizing with Agile methodologies is needed. Scrum teams are the solution for complex work environments.
To understand Scrum methodologies, the CSM® certification course is the best option. CSM® training is a certification course that helps individuals become Certified Scrum Master (CSM®), a designation offered by the Scrum Alliance to practitioners who have done a CSM® course and demonstrated their understanding by successfully passing the exam.
Scrum Master is the person responsible for steering the project in the correct direction. Having a Scrum Master certification would boost an individual’s confidence in implementing the Scrum framework in organizations effectively. They would also be members of an elite group that is engaged with Scrum Alliance. Members of the Scrum Alliance are Scrum specialists who guide project teams to success. There are various reasons why you should pursue a CSM® certification:
- According to various surveys, the average annual compensation of a Certified Scrum Master is around $116,659.
- Certified Scrum Master can work in various job roles such as:
- Agile Scrum Master
- Project Manager
- Automation Engineer
- Scrum Master
- Delivery Lead
- Agile Coach
- Project Lead
- IT as well as non-IT industry sectors are hiring candidates who are experienced in the Scrum framework. These individuals can upscale an organization by:
- Helping teams deliver quality products.
- Resolving impediments and enhancing the team’s collaboration.
- Becoming a leader for Scrum teams involved in the development of high-end products.
- Guiding team members through product development.
- Participating in team activities with ease and also learning how to own a task.
- Acting as an agent of change and enabling an environment where teams can flourish.
- Individuals gain a high degree of proficiency in executing Scrum.
- Certified Scrum Masters create a healthy work environment and earn the skills that make them immune to external and internal distractions.
- They also get more job opportunities in different industries.
To become a Certified Scrum Master, you would have to take a two-day CSM® course where you will be trained by Certified Scrum Trainers (CSTs). After training, you will have to take a one-hour online CSM® test that consists of 50 multiple-choice questions. To successfully pass the CSM® test, you would have to score a minimum of 74%. You have two attempts to pass the exam. Once you clear the CSM® test, you will receive your license agreement and your CSM® designation. Along with this, you will also receive a 2-year membership of Scrum Alliance. This certification would have to be renewed every two years.
As a part of the two-day training, individuals would learn fundamentals, terminologies, concepts, scrum roles, core competencies, scrum ceremonies, facilitating teams, improving transparency, and acting as a servant leader. There are no prerequisites to take the Certified Scrum Master certification course. Any individual interested in furthering their career in project management and deepening their understanding of Scrum can pursue it. Among all Agile and Scrum certifications, CSM® is one of the most preferred ones. 90% of all people who obtain a CSM® certification land a job. After obtaining a CSM® certification, individuals would obtain 16 PDUs and SEUs that they can utilize while pursuing further advanced Scrum certifications.