We all have to agree on the fact that firestick is no doubt an amazing media streaming device, I have been using it for more than 4 years, and one thing that I have noticed is that after a certain amount of time, firestick starts to slow down a little bit.
If your firestick is also slowing down and you think that the performance has been dropped and it is not as fast as it was before then stay right here. Today, our expert team is going to share the top 3 methods to fix the lagging issue or you could say 3 methods to speed up your firestick and restore its performance.
All three methods that we are going to share below are tested and it has worked for us, and we believe the same for you as well. The below methods will solve lagging, hanging, and even fix buffering on firestick. So we recommend you to read the complete article till the end and make sure not to skip any line or step.
3 Methods to Speed Up Amazon Firestick
So guys as I just said, today I will be helping you in speeding up your Amazon firestick. So here are the three methods that have worked for me in speeding up my Amazon firestick and making it super fast.
So, below are the three methods that I tried and I recommend you to try these three methods if you are also interested in speeding up your firestick device.
- Remove Unwanted Applications
- Install Latest Update
- Close all the apps running in the background
Now let’s discuss each method in detail.
1. Remove Unwanted applications from Firestick
So, the very first thing that has worked for me in speeding up my firestick is removing all the unwanted applications that I don’t use anymore.
You won’t believe but if you install so many apps on your firestick then eventually your firestick device will become slow and you start seeing a significant drop in its performance of it. So, I highly suggest you to delete all those apps that you don’t use anymore.
Below are the steps to uninstall apps from Amazon firestick.
- So first of all open your firestick and go to settings.
- Now click on the Applications option.
- All the installed applications will display on your screen.
- Select the app that you want to uninstall.
- Click on the uninstall button to delete the app permanently from your firestick.
2. Install Latest Update
Amazon keeps releasing new updates for their firestick device to make it work even smoother and better, so if you are facing a slowing down issue in your firestick then most probably you are running on an outdated version of FireOS. It is very important to install the latest update to make your firestick device run without any issue or anything like that.
I have written some steps that you can follow to check whether your firestick is running on an outdated FireOS version or not.
- Open the firestick.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Scroll down a bit and then click on the “device” option.
- Now click on “Check for System Update”
- Firestick will now start searching if any update is available or not and if there is any update available then you can install it.
3. Close all apps running in the background
Apps running in the background also consume your firestick RAM and we already know that our firestick has very little RAM so to make our firestick work without any lag I recommend you close all the apps that are running in the background.
Now to do so there is an after-market application that you need to install on your firestick, so let’s check the steps.
- Open your firestick device.
- Now go to the search option.
- Search for Background Apps and Process List.
- Click on the first result.
- Install the App.
- After the app is installed succesfully on firestick, launch it.
- Now the app will show all the apps that are running in the background.
- On the top you will see the option of “Close Apps” so click on it and then it will close all the apps that are running in the background of your firestick.
In this article, I shared three methods to speed up your firestick. I hope all three methods worked for you. After using this method I am damn sure that you firestick will start working very fast and you won’t face hanging issue again.