There are approximately 55,003 restaurants that offer prosciutto on their menus. This large number suggests that this style of ham is popular across the country.
In fact, many people have started incorporating this ingredient into their meals at home.
Learning popular recipes can help elevate your cooking and introduce new flavors.
Continue reading to learn about some delicious prosciutto recipes for your next dinner party!
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
Many people use prosciutto for appetizers but some are unaware of where to buy prosciutto. You can pick up this simple ingredient in most supermarkets. However, for more upscale versions you may have to go to specialty Italian markets.
Prosciutto-wrapped asparagus with raspberry glaze is an elegant way to start your dinner. This recipe will allow you to bring out the salty and sweet flavors of the ingredients.
- 16 asparagus spears
- 1/3 pound prosciutto slices
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Start by cutting the prosciutto slices into halves. Wrap each asparagus spear with a slice of prosciutto and secure the ends with toothpicks.
- On medium heat, grill the asparagus for six to eight minutes (until crisp).
- Remove the toothpicks.
- Mix the jam and vinegar in a small bowl. Microwave on high for 20 seconds until the jam is fully melted. Serve with asparagus as a dip or glaze.
Sweet Potato and Proscuitto Salad
Italian cooking often incorporates flavorful ingredients into each dish. Therefore, a sweet potato and prosciutto salad is a great option for a delectable appetizer.
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes (peeled)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces of prosciutto slices (chopped)
- ½ cup radishes (sliced)
- 1/3 cup pecans (toasted and chopped)
- ¼ cup sweet red pepper (chopped)
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into one-inch pieces and drizzle with two tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with half the salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the prosciutto over the sweet potatoes. Roast for an additional 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Add in radishes, red pepper, pecans, and half of the green onions.
- In a separate bowl, mix the lemon juice, honey, and the remaining olive oil and salt. Drizzle over the salad and toss until combined.
- Top with the remaining green onion.
Prosciutto pasta recipes are popular in Italian cuisine. Many pasta dishes bring out savory flavors that pair well with wine.
- 1 16-ounce package of linguine
- ½ cup peas (frozen or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ pound of prosciutto (chopped)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Cook the linguine according to the package. Add the peas when there are three minutes left.
- In a separate pan, add the olive oil and saute the garlic, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Stir in prosciutto.
- Drain the linguine and peas. Then add them to the pan and toss to coat evenly. Top with parmesan cheese.
Delicious Prosciutto Recipes
These prosciutto recipes will help you create delicious Italian dishes. Your mouth will be watering once you cook any of these dinner party recipes!
Don’t forget to visit our site to read similar articles. You’ll be able to find topics ranging between lifestyle and food!